• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It’s 9:13 am and nobodies fired yet?

Doc Holiday

18 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

Fitt should be fired for not trading Burns to the Rams or at least to the Bears to keep DJ.  Reich should be fired on the field goal choice last night alone lol.  But in serious I just don't see anything from either worthy of keeping them around. 

The mismanagement of those last three plays was almost high schoolish.  You would certainly expect more from a supposed experienced staff.  It's like fourth down sneaked up on the staff.  How can you not plan ahead?   You have a poor OL, WRs that struggle to gain separation, and an inexperienced rookie QB who has not played well.  Down by three, it's 1st and 10 on the 41.  The first priority is to get yourself into a position where you can at least feel pretty good about tying it.  Then you work your way toward a TD from there.  Three straight pass plays later (one deep and one ill advised) and you are spotting up for a 59 yarder.  All they needed was about five yards to have a realistic shot of a successful FG.  Five yards in three plays is not much to ask, particularly when you blow a timeout to try to make sure you have your ducks in a row.  

So the WRs are gaining enough separation, huh, Frank?

And Frank continues to laud Bryce.

And then Thomas Brown said this week he is "not concerned at all" about protection, especially on third down.

So where does the blame lie, Frank, for a team that ranks 30th in total offense, 26th in yards passing and 30th in allowed sacks? 

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Lemme throw out another theoretical possibility for in-season change...

Thomas Brown could potentially be relieved of his duties...and replaced with Jim Caldwell.

To be clear, I'm pointing that out as something that could happen as opposed to something that should, but the merits of such a move might bear discussion.

Frank seems like the type that will fall on the sword for his guys. He basically did that by taking the bullets in the early season and then trying to set TB up for success against the soft part of our schedule (after a bye).

4 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I am willing to bet not a damn person is fired today or the rest of the season unfortunately.

There is a case to be made that it wouldn’t help anything and maybe GM/Coach together when the year finishes.

I don’t know what to think I have never seen such a group of highly qualified people fail in concert so fast and totally. This is not a normal thing we are seeing and it just gets my radar up for some type of foul play. Too many weird questions can be raised about about this death, if I am a homicide detective lol. 

My first reaction week 1 was they have already tanked the season, they don’t care about winning. They are just using the whole deal as practice. 

I know how crazy that sounds. 

• Beer 1