• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank leaves the door open to taking back playcalling duties

Dorian Gray

I will say now looking at this from a coach perspective. Frank probably was trying to save Bryce from embarrassment with the play calls. He knows he can't run the offense the way it's setup due to his limitations. So he made the playbook simple hoping he could do the minimum until they could teach him more. Just my opinion.

Edited by Bigdaddy8523

14 hours ago, Basbear said:

If franks gets lucky and stays around, tepper will needa sacrificial meat to allow it.

Brown was not in "franks good old boyz" club and hes the OC, right?? Well the offense has been dumpster water and the person in charge there is Brown. Makes sense and all it takes is to sell tepper....

I feel the opposite.  If he wants a sacrificial lamb then he would just let thomas brown keep calling terrible plays for this terrible offense.   If anything this is Reich falling on the sword.

Literally every part of our franchise plays a part in why we suck.  From the owner for not having a football consultant to make football moves, to out gm and scouts for bad drafts and trades and having the least talented overall roster in the NFL, to the coaches (besides Evero, I think hes been good, especially considering injuries) for using really dated schemes that dont fit our players at all and calling everything over conservatively, to our players who for the most part aren't executing or have clear flaws in their game.  Including Bryce, who has been thrown in an impossible situation with no talent around him but some of the blame is also on him.  There is no quick fix.

Edited by Tr3ach

11 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wanted to see what the offense looked like with a different play caller. Well, I saw.

I can't help but to keep going back and recalling what it looked like that one game with a different QB though.

Most points scored all season.

Still people can't accept.

The whole offensive scheme is trash and it’s obvious the other teams have it figured out 

that being said I think besides some on this coaching staff the whole scouting dept needs firing. There’s plenty of huddlers on here that could do a better job.

Missing on every 2nd round and later picks for several years now is insane and the surest way of depleting your team of depth and talent 

16 hours ago, Byrdman4real said:

It doesn't matter who call the plays. The scheme is complete garbage and the playbook is too. fuging tecmo bowl playbook. 

Bingo!!! You are 100% correct. It is like they schemed a playbook around a QB that they had little confidence he would be able to play in a up tempo mode, so now we are stuck with a scheme that is total garbage. 

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

Bingo!!! You are 100% correct. It is like they schemed a playbook around a QB that they had little confidence he would be able to play in a up tempo mode, so now we are stuck with a scheme that is total garbage. 

I am getting tired of every single drive seeming to go into double digit plays. We are incapable of scoring quickly.

• Pie 1