• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Carr syndrome

Jmac

Shell shocked. Is Bryce heading down that road? 

Maybe they should consider sitting him at least against Dallas. He will get decimated. Dalton will be the sacrificial lamb ( sorry Andy).

Opinions?

Edited by Jmac

I don’t buy the narrative that the Texans “ruined” Carr. There’s a strong chance that he wasn’t that good in the first place. If Bryce is as physically and mentally tough as we think it is, he should be getting as many reps as he can for the future. If our coaches can’t stop him or any other QB from getting “decimated” then they don’t need to be here.

Edited by X-Clown

Yeah Bryce has been standing in the pocket fine, doesn’t seem frazzled. The OL is bad but metric wise they’re like 23 in pocket protection and there have been plenty of stretches with adequate time. WRs, coaching and Bryce’s own play are bigger contributors IMO.

Not a fan of the David Carr syndrome thing…We witnessed “Carr syndrome” which was really just David Carr not being a legit QB and never comfortable in an NFL pocket. 

• Pie 5

Don’t really believe this concept you can ruin a QB by playing him. Bad QBs just get found out more quickly within bad organizations. 

Sure a poor supporting cast will cause losses and give them bad stats, but you should still be able to see glimpses of the talent. It can cause bad habits but nothing a good QB can’t shake.

Still here trying to be patient. There have been some radar blips.

19 minutes ago, Jmac said:

Maybe they should consider sitting him at least against Dallas. He will get decimated. Dalton will be the sacrificial lamb ( sorry Andy).

Opinions?

There is really little benefit to him continuing to play without changing the offense any. 

I am all for sitting him. He isn't learning anything but bad habits.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

He needs to play and take his lumps like he has been. What else is this season for? Hopefully he can learn from the (mostly bad) experiences that this year has been and hopefully next year we're able to build around and play to our offenses strengths. We need to either overhaul the oline or switch blocking schemes or something. I don't really see them improving in this scheme. We need players who can get YAC and make plays with the ball in their hands. The tall 50/50 ball possession WRs are obviously not the type of WR that fits how Young plays QB. Need guys who can run after the catch. We honestly had the 2 perfect players that would compliment Bryce (and most other QBs) well in CMC and DJ Moore. Young would be a completely different player if they were here and I bet we'd have more wins. Gotta find a way to get some talent on this offense.

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin

Definitely think the Cowboys will be a good barometer game. If they stomp this offense and nothing is changing, yeah, maybe just sit him for the rest of the season. I don’t know, why not just play him if no bad habits are forming? That’s why we have this “all star” coaching staff right? 

I would like to see him beat a Levis led Titans though. They could at least give us that.

It’s just crazy how they can’t create any sort of offense, it’s an embarrassment. Never forget “we built the defense first, then the offense, so we felt we were in a place to go and get our QB” 

Fail. Shame.

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

There is really little benefit to him continuing to play without changing the offense any. 

I am all for sitting him. He isn't learning anything but bad habits.

It needs to be a Rosen or Clausen situation, where he's left out there leaving no doubt that he isn't the option going forward.

The big concern, if Fitterer and Reich are rightly fired, is that Tepper will ask the new GM / HC how they plan to win with Young. When the question should be how do you plan to move on from Young. 

32 minutes ago, Jmac said:

Opinions?

How is he shell shocked?

He's been sacked 29 times in 8 games this season (a good number of those are his own doing). Carr was sacked 76 times. 

It's night and day. 

I think part of the issue for Fitterer / the coaching staff is that if we started Dalton we'd probably actually win some games - and then you have to ask why we traded so much for Young. 

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

It needs to be a Rosen or Clausen situation, where he's left out there leaving no doubt that he isn't the option going forward.

The big concern, if Fitterer and Reich are rightly fired, is that Tepper will ask the new GM / HC how they plan to win with Young. When the question should be how do you plan to move on from Young. 

I am not sure how much info we are really getting with this atrocious offense at the moment. Flashes of why we drafted him and flashes of awful decisions. But mostly just the offense being bad in every aspect. 

So what are we really learning as we keep taking an entire roster of square pegs to keep pounding through round holes? The biggest problem is we aren't doing anything different to even TRY to salvage something.

I mean Wilks saw that we had to massively change our offensive identity to have any chance. How in the world are these fuging idiots not seeing the same? How the fug do you just line up every Sunday and say, "Yep, kind of crushing it, TBH."

• Pie 1

His play has definitely seen a decline since the Colts game. While he did have zero INTs I counted no more than 4 balls that should have been intercepted. Against a better team, Cowboys, he would likely have has 3-4 INTs.

He just doesn't look comfortable and is making bad decisions with increased frequency. Problem is Reich and the offensive philosophy, which apparent Tepper is fine with, and Fitt thinking the line was good enough when last year they were so good because they were build for the run. Which I agree with Scott we should be focusing to run more which is this line strength, but Reich isn't a run coach. His running game with the Charger was so bad he got fired for it. 

Unless Reich has a come to Jesus moment, the offensive struggles will continue. The OL will continue to be inconsistent and we will keep losing.

1-16 is a real possibility.

Edited by TLGPanthersFan
  • Pie 1