• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you watch CJ Stroud and wonder ‘what if’?

TheBigKat

4 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Do you think we'd have only 1 win if we had a RB rush for 150 yards?

I don’t do make believes at all.  I just discuss reality.  I’ll leave it to you geniuses to debate the unknowable.  

BTW you’re now on your 3rd argument.  You are so pointless.

Edited by Newtcase

OP, no. I don’t wonder. Why?

The people backing Bryce say Bryce is just as good. I never thought so at all. They don’t wonder, in spite of what they are seeing. What does that tell you? Wool.Still.Over.Eyes. Is what it tells me. 

I know what it would be like. It would be more like good rookie quarterbacks be like. Not a bizarre point guard offense with a miniature QB who needs a running start to throw a ‘deep’ ball. 

And the offense wouldn’t be neutered either.

Edited by stratocatter

15 minutes ago, Judo Thoreau said:

To OP: no, I don’t wonder. If Bryce vanished days before the draft, we’d have taken Richardson. No doubt in my mind that he was the #2 option. Stroud was probably removed from our board after the S2 fiasco if Tepper had a say in it. 

You’d be correct 

AR was 2nd choice 

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Some silly sand lines in here. 

It's okay to admit Stroud is having a generational year. 

It's also fine to admit Bryce hasn't looked good.  

It's okay people.  It's okay.

You can admit Stroud is a stud and playing better than Bryce.

You can also admit Bryce is in a far less preferential situation to Stroud. That doesn’t diminish what Stroud is doing.

You can also admit the book isn’t written on Bryce.

Look I get it, it’s sucks. It’s been several years since a playoff appearance and it’s hard to preach patience when another rookie is playing so great, but the dismissiveness of some of the Stroud fanbois around here is just silly.

• Pie 4

4 minutes ago, MGH1989 said:

You can admit Stroud is a stud and playing better than Bryce.

You can also admit Bryce is in a far less preferential situation to Stroud. That doesn’t diminish what Stroud is doing.

You can also admit the book isn’t written on Bryce.

Look I get it, it’s sucks. It’s been several years since a playoff appearance and it’s hard to preach patience when another rookie is playing so great, but the dismissiveness of some of the Stroud fanbois around here is just silly.

I'd like to see Young with a different coaching staff before I proclaim him a lost cause. Others obviously feel different about that lol

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

I'd like to see Young with a different coaching staff before I proclaim him a lost cause. Others obviously feel different about that lol

I actually think Bryce will be fine here even with the current staff even though I know thats not a popular opinion just about anywhere. I don't like constant turnover and would like to give the folks involved their three years. If halfway through next season it still looks like this season then we should know by then if its a QB issue or a coach issue. Then we can swap one out come year 3 and see if it gets better. If not, then we move on from all involved. I read horror stories about QBs who didn't make it that were on a new coordinator or a new offense like 4 times in their first five years. 

4 minutes ago, rodeo said:

I've watched CJ in one game this year, when he played the Panthers, and Bryce played much better than CJ.

That was Young’s best game as a pro. That was a minor speed bump in what has been an MVP like season from Stroud 

Edited by *FreeFua*
  • Pie 1

Just now, Varking said:

I actually think Bryce will be fine here even with the current staff even though I know thats not a popular opinion just about anywhere. I don't like constant turnover and would like to give the folks involved their three years. If halfway through next season it still looks like this season then we should know by then if its a QB issue or a coach issue. Then we can swap one out come year 3 and see if it gets better. If not, then we move on from all involved. I read horror stories about QBs who didn't make it that were on a new coordinator or a new offense like 4 times in their first five years. 

The best way to make chicken salad out of chicken poo isn't to have constant turnover, on that we agree. However, I'm not convinced -- for better or worse -- Tepper's giving him 3 seasons.