• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you watch CJ Stroud and wonder ‘what if’?

TheBigKat

2 minutes ago, MGH1989 said:

Yea, that was the season we played that horrible Cardinals team in the wild card cause Carson Palmer was hurt.

Their starting QB was... John Skelton maybe?  I don't remember.  The main thing I remember was Ted Ginn, who was then a Cardinal, getting laid out and fumbling on a kickoff return.  That was the turning point in the game.

• Pie 1

So pretty much this whole thread basically confirms that this is a house divided and no matter what your opinion is of Bryce, you will not change the other party's mind so we might as well end the pettiness and the insults.

You can call me a Bryce "apologist" or "defender" if you want but still stand by my opinion that it way to early to call Bryce a bust. I knew going into this season that it will be rough and my expectations on here would be low because it's a new staff, new offense, and a new QB learning. I just know that I didn't expect it to be "one win" bad. I know some of that is on Bryce but I am a realist and I know it has a lot to do with this current staff and this scheme as well as the foundation around Bryce so to solely place all the blame on Bryce, to me, is asinine. 

Agree or disagree, that is your choice but, I am playing the "wait and see" approach before jumping conclusions. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, MGH1989 said:

You can admit Stroud is a stud and playing better than Bryce.

You can also admit Bryce is in a far less preferential situation to Stroud. That doesn’t diminish what Stroud is doing.

You can also admit the book isn’t written on Bryce.

Look I get it, it’s sucks. It’s been several years since a playoff appearance and it’s hard to preach patience when another rookie is playing so great, but the dismissiveness of some of the Stroud fanbois around here is just silly.

Where?

2 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

So pretty much this whole thread basically confirms that this is a house divided and no matter what your opinion is of Bryce, you will not change the other party's mind so we might as well end the pettiness and the insults.

You can call me a Bryce "apologist" or "defender" if you want but still stand by my opinion that it way to early to call Bryce a bust. I knew going into this season that it will be rough and my expectations on here would be low because it's a new staff, new offense, and a new QB learning. I just know that I didn't expect it to be "one win" bad. I know some of that is on Bryce but I am a realist and I know it has a lot to do with this current staff and this scheme as well as the foundation around Bryce so to solely place all the blame on Bryce, to me, is asinine. 

Agree or disagree, that is your choice but, I am playing the "wait and see" approach before jumping conclusions. 

It's not that young is a bust it's that Stroud is fuging light years better 9 games in.   

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, MGH1989 said:

All over this thread. Bryce Young is a bust and that’s that.

I'm not seeing it. Not a single post in here says Bryce is a bust.  

Your own post:

You can admit Stroud is a stud and playing better than Bryce.

You can also admit Bryce is in a far less preferential situation to Stroud. That doesn’t diminish what Stroud is doing.

You can also admit the book isn’t written on Bryce.

That's exactly what I said that you were responding to.  But then you had to add on the CJ fan bashing stuff so it seems you want to really draw that line. Have at it.

25 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

I think the best term is Bryce Excuser.  There is always some kind of excuse for Bryce, even before the draft.  

• Pie 1