• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you watch CJ Stroud and wonder ‘what if’?

TheBigKat

I'm no pro (or even a rookie) at checking odds, but curious what Vegas had as the favorite for OROY between Young and Stroud. Also curious what the odds were that Stroud would be MVP. That info would tell us how big the island was that we seem to think the Panthers were on when they picked the Bama kid over the Buckeye kid. The irony is that Young is playing the way people feared Stroud would play.

For that matter, what was the Huddle poll that was posted at that time? We have a lot of "I wanted Stroud" people now, but I thought the Huddle poll favored Young? Maybe I'm misremembering.

My fantasy name last season was Suck Proud for Stroud and I was all aboard up until the last month where Watching too many youtube breakdown videos with amateur scouts changed my mind and I thought if Young could overcome his size he would be great. I fully admit I got led down the wrong path. I am patient enough to give Young more time considering surroundings, but I also am not naive enough to think he will make some drastic turn around. We clearly missed here and Stroud looks like what everyone thought Andrew Luck was going to be.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Call Me James said:

Bro, the second worst team in the league drafted a QB who has elevated them to almost a playoff team and has answered the question of can they get a franchise QB after Watson. I mean you could easily argue that Stroud has been better than Watson...they did what we wanted because we forced them to by taking Bryce.

Just accept it. It's okay. We're all here with yiu.

I think they wanted CJ the whole time and tried to trick others into getting Bryce ahead of them.  

1 hour ago, BrisbanePanther said:

I'm no pro (or even a rookie) at checking odds, but curious what Vegas had as the favorite for OROY between Young and Stroud. Also curious what the odds were that Stroud would be MVP. That info would tell us how big the island was that we seem to think the Panthers were on when they picked the Bama kid over the Buckeye kid. The irony is that Young is playing the way people feared Stroud would play.

For that matter, what was the Huddle poll that was posted at that time? We have a lot of "I wanted Stroud" people now, but I thought the Huddle poll favored Young? Maybe I'm misremembering.

Most wanted Stroud after the combine, but by time the pro day came around the Bryce wave had taken over.  I never understood what people saw in Bryce

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Dude. You were preaching Stroud then said you went and watched the tape and it wasn’t even close how much better Young was. You also didn’t know BY didn’t throw at the combine until several of us told you. You’ve got some revisionist history of your QB take going on. 

Place is full of it. Ditto with the hirings, it was All Star Staff. Yay. 

There were so many people cheering this don’t act like you were not. Hell  I accepted Reich and will go my grave thinking that if had his choice he would have accounted for physical skills in the draft. Young looks far worse than that kid playingfor Minnesota with a wristband. Been there a week and a half. 

Every other team’s game you watch you WILL see better quarterback play, with possibly one or two exceptions. Try it.

At this point I honestly would fire or demote a person who was telling me that processor is all you need screw size screw arm strength. 

You can’t can’t give away both!

It is freaking crazy that this happened, but look at the times we are in. Crazy is standard.

Edited by stratocatter
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Well, you have poo worthy opinions and temp-ban people based off of emotions. This will be the last time I respond to you. So either temp-ban me for the 9th time or keep it moving. 

Yeah, we tend to do that to posters who do nothing but troll and fling poo.

I thought you were leaving this hell hole and going back to reddit where the discourse was higher browed? 😂

You've only threatened to do that about a dozen times as if anyone actually cares.