• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Texans Team as a Whole

SaltAndPepper

15 minutes ago, frankw said:

To be clear we are done with the notion I'm Stroud's dad and his biggest fan now right?

I think the Texans are mainly being steered by the tutelage of Ryans putting his stamp on the team after learning under Shanahan and the natural talent and leadership of Stroud. Where they head next year if they take the next step depends on how their GM navigates the offseason. All it takes is a single bad one to send you two steps back. We know all about this.

Maybe he'll make a return. We'll certainly recognize him if it happens.

That was in jest because you seem hyper sensitive about Stroud to a point where we can't even compliment the players around him WITH him without a reaction.  

The Texans are doing it right.  They have their QB and were even getting his input during the draft they picked him.  Stroud wanted Dell and they took him in the third.  Look how it paid out.  It's like Burrow asking the Bengals to draft Chase over OL to a lesser degree.  Hopefully that relationship continues.  

As annoying as he could be at times he was entertaining.  I will never forgot the Young Lion Corral posts.  

• Beer 1

Houston’s coaches draw up plays on the sideline with CJ because they have a feel for the game. Their offensive coaching is superior to ours for sure. Stroud is killing it. At a rate no other rookie ever really has. He’s got the talent and he’s in positions to succeed. 

And this past week they finally got the run game going to help him out. First time they have had a hundred yard rusher since 2021 season I believe. 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Coping must be the word of the year for you.  First of all 25 is better than 27 and secondly he just had his running back drop 150 and a TD in a game where he had 3 turnovers which absolutely helped them win.  Their defense also forced Burrow into several turnovers.  Stroud is better than Young that's proven now so not sure where the "coping" is coming from other than that's just a word you use when someone has a different opinion.  Again Stroud is special and I wish he was here, but he would find it more difficult here than in Houston without a doubt. 

So you genuinely think Fitt and his squad built a better roster for their QB than Caserio did?  I think you know better than that.  Caserio is a leading candidate for Executive of the Year.  In summary Stroud is great, but also give their staff and HC some credit as well.  Great job all around by Houston.

They have had basically no running game all year into last weekend. Singletary has been awful, Jesus christ...I KNEW for fact that some of you would try to hype the texans being able to run the ball last week on here like they were so much better than us. The tactics have become insanely predictable as this point. lol

4 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

They have had basically no running game all year into last weekend. Singletary has been awful, Jesus christ...I KNEW for fact that some of you would try to hype the texans being able to run the ball last week on here like they were so much better than us. The tactics have become insanely predictable as this point. lol

They finally go the running game going.  It's something we can't do.  If you actually read the article they don't even mention the running game.  It's offensive scheme, playmakers making plays, YAC, an improving defense etc that is making their team play better as a whole.  Stroud has a decent pocket, weapons with separation, and they can take it to the house once they catch it.  Combine that with Stroud's football IQ and elite arm talent and they are becoming a solid young team overall.  Ryans is doing what everyone was expecting our staff to do at a much faster rate.  The only thing predictable is people on here trying to actually argue against something that is so obvious to any casual fan.  

4 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Look at you “coping” so hard.

Did I do it right??

I think so? I don't know what's considered right/normal/etc here anymore. First we weren't allowed to be positive and now who knows if we're allowed to be even keel. 😂

This current "coping" of aggressively defending another team's QB's from anything that isn't hero worship is way too goofy for me though. 

Oh, and @frankw, if it will help you sleep at night here's me defending Stroud when the "character concerns" were floating around. I'd offer tweets as well, but since you've made it clear that you have notifications on for me already I'll save us both the time. 🙂

And look, let's stop the beating around the bush. We're both aware of why you defend Cam and CJ as passionately as you do: the media trotted out harmful stereotypes in an attempt to fill the airwaves and shitty people with shitty views latched onto those shitty narratives to continue their shitty ways. That's terrible and it shouldn't have happened to them, full stop. Them having experienced that does not exclude them from factual observations about their situations with their teams though. Stroud has had play calling, play design, pass protection, receivers separating, and a developing run game help set him up for success that he was bound to achieve based on his skillset and talent alone.

Freaking out and reacting as if that means that the person who mentioned those in-season observations believed the pre-draft character assassination attempts is just gaslighting yourself into being an asshole. That's like screaming at somebody for being Nawrocki 2.0 because they wished Cam would have worked on his mechanics more when he was playing so he wouldn't have had those lasers that would fly just a little too high for his receivers. It's asinine, and I'm sure there's better things that you can do with your time than that. Hell, hmu and we can game sometime if that'll help you decompress from Panthers' football. 🙂

Edited by Icege

18 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

They finally go the running game going.  It's something we can't do.  If you actually read the article they don't even mention the running game.  It's offensive scheme, playmakers making plays, YAC, an improving defense etc that is making their team play better as a whole.  Stroud has a decent pocket, weapons with separation, and they can take it to the house once they catch it.  Combine that with Stroud's football IQ and elite arm talent and they are becoming a solid young team overall.  Ryans is doing what everyone was expecting our staff to do at a much faster rate.  The only thing predictable is people on here trying to actually argue against something that is so obvious to any casual fan.  

No.. they dont finally have a run game going. They had ONE game where they were able to run efficiently all year, just like noah brown has a few games where he has been really productive but there is nothing about his career to say there will be consistency. You are operating off the logic of that they could put the groundskeeper on the field and catch a TD pass from stroud and now he has another legit weapon. If mingo catches a long pass from Bryce for a TD you wouldnt dare say Bryce has help now. Whats predictable is that you refuse to say Stroud is elevating those guys as none of them had more your yards than freaking Terrace Marshall last season. If the Texans were rolling with David Mills this year they might not even have 2 wins right now with all the great coaching and so called weapons that everybody looked over just a couple months ago. 

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Last year Taylor Heinicke and Carson Wentz had McLaurin Dotson and Samuel. Their oline also gave up 48 sacks. How'd that work out of them and where are they now?

Also. Howell has 11 career starts. 3 more than Bryce Young.

They aren’t good QBs…not sure what your argument is. 

• Poo 1

4 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

No.. they dont finally have a run game going. They had ONE game where they were able to run efficiently all year, just like noah brown has a few games where he has been really productive but there is nothing about his career to say there will be consistency. You are operating off the logic of that they could put the groundskeeper on the field and catch a TD pass from stroud and now he has another legit weapon. If mingo catches a long pass from Bryce for a TD you wouldnt dare say Bryce has help now. Whats predictable is that you refuse to say Stroud is elevating those guys as none of them had more your yards than freaking Terrace Marshall last season. If the Texans were rolling with David Mills this year they might not even have 2 wins right now with all the great coaching and so called weapons that everybody looked over just a couple months ago. 

If Mingo can consistently get open and get some YAC then yes Young would have a playmaker. That’s how it’s works. They have more speed and an OC that knows how to work with his QB to get his weapons open. You can go read the data if you don’t like it. Houston’s OL is giving him more time, his weapons are catching it more often with more separation and getting YAC on top of it. Stroud is still having a MVP type year. When Rodgers was clicking in GB the same things were happening. If you get an elite QB with a staff that knows what they are doing good things happen fast. 

What team outside of SF snd maybe the Eagles does Mills get more than 2 wins? Schultz, Dell, plus Ryans and his OC weren’t  there last year. So yeah they were a worse team plus they had a bad QB. That’s the interesting part about all of this. How quickly Houston is turning it around. Most important is getting Stroud, but no other rookie has seen this type of success so early. Part of that is a credit to Houston like it or not. I’m sorry that bothers you for some strange irrational reason.

53 minutes ago, Icege said:

Oh, and @frankw, if it will help you sleep at night here's me defending Stroud when the "character concerns" were floating around. I'd offer tweets as well, but since you've made it clear that you have notifications on for me already I'll save us both the time. 🙂

And look, let's stop the beating around the bush. We're both aware of why you defend Cam and CJ as passionately as you do: the media trotted out harmful stereotypes in an attempt to fill the airwaves and shitty people with shitty views latched onto those shitty narratives to continue their shitty ways. That's terrible and it shouldn't have happened to them, full stop. Them having experienced that does not exclude them from factual observations about their situations with their teams though. Stroud has had play calling, play design, pass protection, receivers separating, and a developing run game help set him up for success that he was bound to achieve based on his skillset and talent alone.

Freaking out and reacting as if that means that the person who mentioned those in-season observations believed the pre-draft character assassination attempts is just gaslighting yourself into being an asshole. That's like screaming at somebody for being Nawrocki 2.0 because they wished Cam would have worked on his mechanics more when he was playing so he wouldn't have had those lasers that would fly just a little too high for his receivers. It's asinine, and I'm sure there's better things that you can do with your time than that. Hell, hmu and we can game sometime if that'll help you decompress from Panthers' football. 🙂

That's good to know good job. Though the hard to coach thing was silly rather vague and probably the least harmful bc teams that had done even basic homework knew it was nonsense. The other stuff was basically lite Jamarcus Russell territory which is unnecessarily for any QB prospect especially after Newton.

Cam never got his footwork down and that held him back from becoming the passer he could have been. I think any of us should know that. Nothing wrong with saying so. Just as there is nothing wrong with having concerns about various aspects of Bryce Young's game.

Stroud really should not be a difficult situation to assess at all. The kid was and is a very gifted passer. He could put the ball into tight windows on any throw with pinpoint accuracy. He's been doing that regularly in the NFL. He also is clearly a great leader. Are his offensive counterparts at WR OL and RB bad? Not at all. Are they great? Definitely not. He has a solid left tackle that's a big difference. But as for the weapons he is doing what any very good young QB should do. Elevate. He's producing as a passer and spreading the ball around. As far as the coaching yes DeMeco Ryans shits all over Frank Reich and it isn't close. It's pretty funny he told us to get lost but also a very sobering reflection on our current leadership.

All we can do is hope Bryce can find a way to show some signs of life along the way through the rest of our schedule which really is not that bad. At some point we've got to stop acting all woe is me and expect this offense to be halfway competent circumstances aside. That's what you want to see from a #1 pick and those expectations might not be fair but that's what comes with it.

Good talk thanks.

42 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

They aren’t good QBs…not sure what your argument is. 

Howell is being pressured and sacked at an insane rate but he's producing. His OL is literally ass.

Is it all Bienemy and his WR's or is he just that good under pressure? That's the mark of a QB with a bright future.

Some of y'all know how much I argued in favor of Stroud leading into the draft...

But I'm not sure it's healthy for us to continue these CJ or Houston related threads. The draft is over and we made our choice. We have to believe Bryce's attributes will shine through eventually. If not, some sort of change will come.

• Beer 1

On 11/14/2023 at 1:13 PM, Eazy-E said:

If Davis Mills was under center for this same Texans team they’d be lucky to have 2 wins.

Good QB play makes everything around them look better. Bad QB play makes everything look worse. 

Yep if we drafted stroud instead of Brice we would have at least 5 wins. (Vikings, Bears, Saints, snd Falcons)