• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Football Week 11

Mr. Scot

Fields has shown flashes but I think the Bears would be crazy at this point to pass on QBs again. I mean, they passed on a guy this year to trade out of #1 who is rewriting rookie record books. After three years, Fields is still just showing flashes and hasn't been anywhere close to consistent.

You're gonna have two high picks. You can take your choice of QBs at #1 and then still end up with an Odunze or Coleman with your other high pick. Or you can take an OT to help keep that QB upright and then take a guy like Tez Walker or Legette early in the 2nd.

Not taking a QB to keep holding out on Fields figuring out how to gain consistency would just be beyond dumb at this point. I was high on Fields as a prospect but it's time for them to take another QB and trade Fields for whatever the can get and let someone else take a crack at helping him achieve consistency. You can't stay in love with flashes after three years. There needs to be consistency at this point and the only consistency they've had is consistently drafting high.

Or... are they shook because they would've taken Young too and they realize that they would've fuged up a QB pick AGAIN.

Now you have Deion hoping and praying Shedeur can playing the season finale. The kid is beat to poo and has already admitted he's had to take numbing shots in most games in order to be able to play and you're 4-7. Shut him down. Do the right thing for the kid.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38953444/colorado-qb-shedeur-sanders-day-day-uncertain-utah-game

58 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Now you have Deion hoping and praying Shedeur can playing the season finale. The kid is beat to poo and has already admitted he's had to take numbing shots in most games in order to be able to play and you're 4-7. Shut him down. Do the right thing for the kid.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38953444/colorado-qb-shedeur-sanders-day-day-uncertain-utah-game

He would be best served to come out this year.  If his stock goes up next year he'll go to another team without an oline. I'd hate to see him go to Atlanta New Orleans or Tampa in the middle of the 1st

13 minutes ago, toldozer said:

He would be best served to come out this year.  If his stock goes up next year he'll go to another team without an oline. I'd hate to see him go to Atlanta New Orleans or Tampa in the middle of the 1st

It would be a big risk for him to return. Injury being the biggest one but also potential regression. I see more potential for injury or regression than I do with him making a top 10 pick case. People keep taking about Deion building a monster out of the portal but conveniently ignore that this current team is one built out of the portal. All 22 of their starters were starters somewhere last year. It's not like these are a bunch of utter bums.