• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank back to calling plays

DJ feed me moore

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No, but it's sadly better than Bryce.

Bryce threw screen after screen against Minnesota and averaged 6.4 YPA. So, 6.2 doesn't seem all that impressive no matter who's throwing it.

I think the issue is that if Dalton goes 21-30 for 165 yards in his next game, then it means he looked pretty good. If Bryce goes 21-30 for 165 yards, then it confirms he's Clausen. We've eviscerated Bryce for garbage-time stats, and not making the big plays, but:

It's almost like their performances, bar a blown coverage, weren't all that different. Twice as many yards, twice as many throws.858127080_Screenshot2023-11-15at4_27_43PM.thumb.png.cfa069d66e75139fb9c52c078c11af05.png

42 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

It was a good game by Dalton, but I mean his average YPA was meh (just like Young's).  We put up 27 points which is our highest but Young put up 24 and 21 his last two games before Brown took over play calling in half the amount of attempts.  I get that points are points but you are talking about a 3 point swing from Young's best game.  I'd rather keep letting the rookie get reps to see if he can get better or not.  A couple extra wins with Dalton doesn't do much for us.  Plus Dalton had some good games last year with NO and some stinkers.  It's kind of where he is at now in his career.

I don’t even know why we’d be comparing Young to Dalton, the two are at completely separate points in their careers.

the only people who want that are coming from the angle of “we need to see if it’s Bryce fault so he can be criticized!”

what does that accomplish? The team isn’t waging a debate with you. They’re proceeding as if he’s going to be the QB for a while. The goal is to help him develop, not throw meat to people who are out to see him fail. They aren’t evaluating, they’re developing.

he’s going to be the QB here next season. 

Edited by Growl
  • Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Bryce threw screen after screen against Minnesota and averaged 6.4 YPA. So, 6.2 doesn't seem all that impressive no matter who's throwing it.

I think the issue is that if Dalton goes 21-30 for 165 yards in his next game, then it means he looked pretty good. If Bryce goes 21-30 for 165 yards, then it confirms he's Clausen. We've eviscerated Bryce for garbage-time stats, and not making the big plays, but:

It's almost like their performances, bar a blown coverage, weren't all that different. Twice as many yards, twice as many throws.858127080_Screenshot2023-11-15at4_27_43PM.thumb.png.cfa069d66e75139fb9c52c078c11af05.png

Dalton is 3/6 this season throwing 20+. I'd have to go back and look again to be sure, but I think Bryce is 5/14. One guy played one game. The other guy has played 8. Oh wee mayne.

That's the main thing I'm taking about here. Our offense has only had a legit downfield threat in one game and it wasn't any of the ones Bryce has played in.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, HeelsRule5023 said:

oh fug off you hated Bryce since the start.

go fug yourself you dumbass pos.

ban me I don't give a poo about this place anymore its a dumpster fire of morons like you.

We don’t even know who you are. I assume since you joined on October 6 your were banned. 

Edited by TLGPanthersFan

2 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

It’s not just the yards, it’s the no interceptions. No fumbles. 58 pass attempts and only three sacks. He did so much to help the team without hurting it. And he’s been practicing and running with the backups all year up until that week. Could it have been ever better if he got all the reps Bryce was getting? Hard to say. 

• Pie 3

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Dalton is 3/6 this season throwing 20+. I'd have to go back and look again to be sure, but I think Bryce is 5/14. One guy played one game. The other guy has played 8. Oh wee mayne.

That's great (not really, obviously) but if you're still putting up comparable yards per attempt, and you threw a TD pass down by 17 with a minute left against backups and third-stringers, it ain't all that earth-shattering to me.