• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another Bryce Breakdown

BrianS

7 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I was hopeful when Bryce started to make progress during the back end of the Detroit game then against Miami which led to his best game as a pro against Houston. 

However these last two week against Indy and Chicago have been so bad I’m down on him more than I was the first 3 weeks. 

If you go to 24:20 in the video that is so damn concerning. Hurst is wide ass open and it’s obvious he’s going to be wide ass open long before his break. Bryce isn’t really processing anything and if he is it’s super slow. Combine that with his slow footwork, lack of arm strength and yuck. 

Bryce depends on his ability to process to make up for his arm. Some QB’s can bail themselves out with slow processing times due to arm strength. By seasons end if the slow processing time is still popping up every where on the screen then he’s toast

I’ve just skimmed through this video but I definitely already like Slotter a lot more than JT. Hopefully he keeps doing Bryce videos. 

As I continue to skim…

33:33 good lord 

Another one where it’s clear as day that Hurst is going to be wide ass open if you can read a defense at all.

It’s so bad.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

As I continue to skim…

33:33 good lord 

Another one where it’s clear as day that Hurst is going to be wide ass open if you can read a defense at all.

It’s so bad.

in the play at 24 and the 33 he doesnt that stupid fuging bounce.  Was this a thing at bama or what?  But its clear from that video he cannot see the field.  Thats not going to change.  we are fuged

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

in the play at 24 and the 33 he doesnt that stupid fuging bounce.  Was this a thing at bama or what?  But it’s clear from that video he cannot see the field.  Thats not going to change.  we are fuged

From what I remember his footwork is the same. Bryce plays QB like he’s playing 7 on 7. Which is fine at Mater Dei and Bama because with their OL’s he practically was. Even with the best NFL OL he’s never going to be given the type of time he was in HS and College. 

• Pie 3

Good to have another experienced QB voice in the YT space.  I recognize him from his AAF/XFL time.  Was one of the better QBs in those leagues.

This kind of stuff is why Frank and Co are going to be on the hot seat after Dallas gets done having a blast in Charlotte, if the seat isn't already uncomfortably warm right now.  The Panthers are broken.  There are some real coaching things like the footwork and progressions that haven't been addressed.  Sure, rookies are going to have growing pains, but the regression we've seen is not good from such a vaunted staff.

Why is this happening?  Me, as an idiot with a keyboard, thinks that Bryce can't get out of his own head.  He's not playing the offense, he's trying to do too much.  As Bilbo Baggins once said:

'Why, I feel all thin, sort of stretched, if you know what I mean: like butter that has been scraped over too much bread. That can't be right. I need a change, or something. '"

Bryce needs a change, or something.  Hubris is one of the deadliest of faults, and I think the Panthers' fans  are suffering for it.  While I feel for coaches who will have their reputations hurt, players who may never make another team, it's the fan base who cares that's really suffering.

The team needs to take this time and work with Bryce on getting his feet right (c'mon Josh!  WTF have you been doing?) and the offense needs adjustments so that plays lead into other plays that lead into big plays.  Everything looks too hard, and that's a BIG problem.  Coaches!?!

Good find!  I appreciate the different perspective Sloter brings versus JT.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Thought it was just me seeing how slow Young's drop back is. It's like he walking where most guys rush to get to the top of there drop. 

Also his foot work was one of the reasons I didn't like Young coming out the draft but it seemed like no one talked about it.

Edited by NCBlu
  • Pie 2

The footwork is definitely an issue. I think it was a perk for him in college. He was able to make off platform throws in tight places (like Mahomes does in the NFL). The problem is he doesn’t have the arm strength to do this in the NFL. Mahomes is one of the few who can because he is a unicorn. It’s going to be tough to fix this and takes away one of the things that was considered s strength for him in college. We he has a clean pocket he has to learn to have his feet planted but it’s going to be tough to learn this after a lifetime of the opposite. 

Youtube objective comments-

Thats weird that his foot work is so lazy. How does he expect to ever make his first read on time when he is still walking backwards when they are breaking on their route? Thats just crazy to see. These defenses have to be seeing this too and I dont see why not send heat if hes not gonna be ready to throw hot when he has to.

Does this player ever line up in a pro formation under center? He didn’t do it in college either. I don’t think he can bc of his size. That’s gotta kill their run game, and it makes the offense so predictable.

exactly, if you can’t line up under center then there is no effective play action pass plays taking place.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

He has lined up under center. Some call it a rumor but I have seen it. 

I don’t remember what they ran though. I think it was a short yardage handoff.

I couldn’t fnd the right words for what the team looked like game one but they looked totally unconcerned about anything. No hurry, no urgency, it was honestly as if they were practicing and not trying to win. Never seen that in game one of an NFL season. Maybe by week 15. I did not know exactly what I was looking at. Which was weird and disappointing, and weird. 

Edited by stratocatter

21 minutes ago, NCBlu said:

Thought it was just me seeing how slow Young's drop back is. It's like he walking where most guys rush to get to the top of there drop. 

Also his foot work was one of the reasons I didn't like Young coming out the draft but it seemed like no one talked about it.

Freeze him at the top of the drop and nobody is open. Clearly trying to buy time 

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

I was hopeful when Bryce started to make progress during the back end of the Detroit game then against Miami which led to his best game as a pro against Houston. 

However these last two week against Indy and Chicago have been so bad I’m down on him more than I was the first 3 weeks. 

If you go to 24:20 in the video that is so damn concerning. Hurst is wide ass open and it’s obvious he’s going to be wide ass open long before his break. Bryce isn’t really processing anything and if he is it’s super slow. Combine that with his slow footwork, lack of arm strength and yuck. 

Bryce depends on his ability to process to make up for his arm. Some QB’s can bail themselves out with slow processing times due to arm strength. By seasons end if the slow processing time is still popping up every where on the screen then he’s toast

I’ve just skimmed through this video but I definitely already like Slotter a lot more than JT. Hopefully he keeps doing Bryce videos. 

Agreed. Felt like one step forward and three steps back.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Didn’t take long in the video to realize he’s pointing out guys that aren’t the read that aren’t open. But y’all have at it. I’ll trust the mountains of other analysis that tell you. 
scheme sucks, protection sucks, receivers suck. 

Yes we get it, everyone but Bryce sucks, thank you for your productive comment.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1