• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

[GRAPH] Bryce's accuracy + separation for WRs

Icege

5 hours ago, GhostWhispah said:

He is 2nd to none out of his QB class and is MUCH faster than many vets in the NFL with years of experience already. It doesn't matter cause you can either process fast under pressure or you can't. Sam D is still passing to ghost under pressure cause his processing speed is no different than someone on quaaludes. 

It’s not hard to process a throw to a guy at or behind the line of scrimmage. You spend too much time posting video of Darnold. 

3 hours ago, Varking said:

It’s not hard to process a throw to a guy at or behind the line of scrimmage. You spend too much time posting video of Darnold. 

Not under intense pressure with edge rushers coming at you like a freight train, it is very hard but then again, you just sitting on your coach munching on chips thinking you can do better cause you happen to play flag football as a QB in grade school. i have as well but i am no fool thinking it is easy to be good and successful at the highest level.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2021/11/7/22769014/sam-darnold-carolina-panthers-qb-purgatory

Keep in mind, after trading a high 2nd round plus 2 more picks and then picked up his 18 million option for another year of mediocrity following a disaster of a season on someone with a cannon arm but cannot process anything other than passing to ghost under pressure, would you draft CJ with an extremely low s2 score or Bryce with a computer like processing speed even under pressure and off script plays which he excel at. 

https://www.on3.com/news/breaking-down-nfl-draft-qb-s2-scores-bryce-young-soars-cj-stroud-raises-red-flags/

So any owner who suffered thru Sam D with his cannon arm would no longer place cannon arm as a requirement but someone who can quickly process plays under pressure with accuracy, the choice is obvious. 

So instead all you hypocrites on this forum who ALSO wanted Bryce over the next Sam D by attacking Tepper with his choice, the same choice every other team would have made including the Texans, just look at the mirror. I know I wanted Bryce and not afraid to admit it. Those who was willing to still take CJ after Sam D are basically hypocrites and liars by attacking for taken Bryce. They should just look at the mirror and blame themselves. That's why i will continue showing what we had prior to this draft.

On 11/17/2023 at 8:06 AM, *FreeFua* said:

These charts can be misleading

There are numerous examples where Bryce isn’t pulling the trigger on throws with guys open

His slow processing time is definitely attributing to some of the separation issues on these graphs 

Yeah these charts suck. It's like "when he throws to an open receiver", not how many times he misses a look or decides not to throw the ball because he's shell shocked from the Bates interceptions

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, GhostWhispah said:

Not under intense pressure with edge rushers coming at you like a freight train, it is very hard but then again, you just sitting on your coach munching on chips thinking you can do better cause you happen to play flag football as a QB in grade school. i have as well but i am no fool thinking it is easy to be good and successful at the highest level.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2021/11/7/22769014/sam-darnold-carolina-panthers-qb-purgatory

Keep in mind, after trading a high 2nd round plus 2 more picks and then picked up his 18 million option for another year of mediocrity following a disaster of a season on someone with a cannon arm but cannot process anything other than passing to ghost under pressure, would you draft CJ with an extremely low s2 score or Bryce with a computer like processing speed even under pressure and off script plays which he excel at. 

https://www.on3.com/news/breaking-down-nfl-draft-qb-s2-scores-bryce-young-soars-cj-stroud-raises-red-flags/

So any owner who suffered thru Sam D with his cannon arm would no longer place cannon arm as a requirement but someone who can quickly process plays under pressure with accuracy, the choice is obvious. 

So instead all you hypocrites on this forum who ALSO wanted Bryce over the next Sam D by attacking Tepper with his choice, the same choice every other team would have made including the Texans, just look at the mirror. I know I wanted Bryce and not afraid to admit it. Those who was willing to still take CJ after Sam D are basically hypocrites and liars by attacking for taken Bryce. They should just look at the mirror and blame themselves. That's why i will continue showing what we had prior to this draft.

First off you have zero clue how far football took me in life. You’re just throwing around personal insults whenever you get asked a question. I would wager I played football at a higher level than 99.99% of the Huddle. And I never bring it up because you don’t need to play football at a D1 Power 5 conference level to evaluate football. There are folks here who get things right that NFL execs get wrong and then they get stuff wrong that they questioned why our team did what it did. 

Secondly, of course I still wanted CJ Stroud. Stroud is already further along than Sam Darnold. If Darnold is your comp for CJ then you are mistaken. 

Thirdly, you still haven’t explained why you are so obsessed with Darnold. You probably have linked more videos of him than anyone since he left.

Lastly, today Stroud is up to 259 yards passing in the first half today. Has Bryce ever thrown for 259 in the NFL? 

We are past the halfway point of this NFL season if you still have to revert to somebodies college tape then something is wrong. 

Edited by Varking

28 minutes ago, Varking said:

First off you have zero clue how far football took me in life. You’re just throwing around personal insults whenever you get asked a question. I would wager I played football at a higher level than 99.99% of the Huddle. And I never bring it up because you don’t need to play football at a D1 Power 5 conference level to evaluate football. There are folks here who get things right that NFL execs get wrong and then they get stuff wrong that they questioned why our team did what it did. 

Secondly, of course I still wanted CJ Stroud. Stroud is already further along than Sam Darnold. If Darnold is your comp for CJ then you are mistaken. 

Thirdly, you still haven’t explained why you are so obsessed with Darnold. You probably have linked more videos of him than anyone since he left.

Lastly, today Stroud is up to 259 yards passing in the first half today. Has Bryce ever thrown for 259 in the NFL? 

We are past the halfway point of this NFL season if you still have to revert to somebodies college tape then something is wrong. 

You are right as I want to apologize for grouping you with the vast majority here like who likely toss a nerf football as a kid at best with no one trying to tackle them is enough to criticize why Bryce struggles other than his light, short stature unlike most posters like Ickmule.

Secondly, so you completely IGNORE the fact that NO other QB from Ohio State has EVER succeeded as a pro, YOU STILL wanted CJ following the huge Sam D failure. As you should know, both has similar physical attributes at 6'3 with a weigh within 5 lb apart along with similar arm strength unlike Bryce. So THAT IS WHY I thought you were just BS'ing me. I knew all of this coming in so that is WHY i didn't want another OSU passer who only benefits from all the elite 5 star receivers they tend to recruit there, most end up bring studs as a pro. Let me ask you this....did you also wanted any other highly regarded OSU QB in the past like Schleicher, Pryor, Barrett, Braxton, Cardale, Haskins or Fields cause that program has long been known on having tutors doing their academic work under the table so their players can just concentrate on the game? Let me guess, it was just CJ that you wanted cause you KNEW he was the one like Neo regardless of their low s2 scores that turn most football experts off but you knew it would not effect his ability to handle NFL pressure in the pocket unlike Sam D right? In all honesty, i wouldn't believe in myself if that's what i had claim over all the other teams who would have chosen Bryce groom by Bama's best in following the steps of Tua and Hurts.

And finally i won't post anymore Sam D vids unless someone else brings him up. Sorry about that but i am a big ghostbuster fan so...

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2023/4/21/23692550/c-j-stroud-s2-score-nfl-draft-ohio-state

1 minute ago, GhostWhispah said:

You are right as I want to apologize for grouping you with the vast majority here like who likely toss a nerf football as a kid at best with no one trying to tackle them is enough to criticize why Bryce struggles other than his light, short stature unlike most posters like Ickmule.

Secondly, so you completely IGNORE the fact that NO other QB from Ohio State has EVER succeeded as a pro, YOU STILL wanted CJ following the huge Sam D failure. As you should know, both has similar physical attributes at 6'3 with a weigh within 5 lb apart along with similar arm strength unlike Bryce. So THAT IS WHY I thought you were just BS'ing me. I knew all of this coming in so that is WHY i didn't want another OSU passer who only benefits from all the elite 5 star receivers they tend to recruit there, most end up bring studs as a pro. Let me ask you this....did you also wanted any other highly regarded OSU QB in the past like Schleicher, Pryor, Barrett, Braxton, Cardale, Haskins or Fields cause that program has long been known on having tutors doing their academic work under the table so their players can just concentrate on the game? Let me guess, it was just CJ that you wanted cause you KNEW he was the one like Neo regardless of their low s2 scores that turn most football experts off but you knew it would not effect his ability to handle NFL pressure in the pocket unlike Sam D right? In all honesty, i wouldn't believe in myself if that's what i had claim over all the other teams who would have chosen Bryce groom by Bama's best in following the steps of Tua and Hurts.

And finally i won't post anymore Sam D vids unless someone else brings him up. Sorry about that but i am a big ghostbuster fan so...

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2023/4/21/23692550/c-j-stroud-s2-score-nfl-draft-ohio-state

You don't evaluate QBs based on their school. 

1 hour ago, Varking said:

You don't evaluate QBs based on their school. 

Level of competition and past history results always play a part on my draft board. If CJ wanted to be successful without a string of 5 star recruits committed to OSU due to their success rate on generating 1st round talent in the receivers group. Other than Jamo, who happens to be an OSU tranfer to Bama cause they were so loaded to standout receivers for him to get any playing time, Bryce wouldn't have any talented receivers to pass to, which is why he had to do so much on his own to find open receivers which CJ didn't have to at OSU.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10055024-bryce-young-only-player-on-alabama-offense-with-nfl-draft-round-1-grade-gm-says

And i have answered your question on why i post Sam D vids is due to my fandom of the ghostbusters film and what we had prior to the draft for a signal caller but you never answer my question on any other OSU QB you were high on besides CJ?

2 minutes ago, GhostWhispah said:

Level of competition and past history results always play a part on my draft board. If CJ wanted to be successful without a string of 5 star recruits committed to OSU due to their success rate on generating 1st round talent in the receivers group. Other than Jamo, who happens to be an OSU tranfer to Bama cause they were so loaded to standout receivers for him to get any playing time, Bryce wouldn't have any talented receivers to pass to, which is why he had to do so much on his own to find open receivers which CJ didn't have to at OSU.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10055024-bryce-young-only-player-on-alabama-offense-with-nfl-draft-round-1-grade-gm-says

And i have answered your question on why i post Sam D vids is due to my fandom of the ghostbusters film and what we had prior to the draft for a signal caller but you never answer my question on any other OSU QB you were high on besides CJ?

You're not even making sense.  Break time.  

• Pie 1