• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dark days ahead

NAS

17 hours ago, The Lobo said:

Oh wee mayne, it’s been a hell of a ride, we will always have 2015 and the first half of 2018 and 2003. 

Seasons I was proud of:

1996 - NFC championship

2002 - John Fox took a 1-15 team to a respectable 7-9 record and a number 1 overall defense.

2003 - SB appearance

2004 - Aftwr devastating injuries and a 1-7 start the team got on a winning streak and almost made the playoffs if not foe the infamous Mike Vick 4th and 12

2005 - NFC championship appearance

2008 (despite how it ended) that team was fun to watch

2013 - Cam’s first playoff appearance, exciting team

2015.  - Best team to not win a SB in history of the NFL

For all his faults, Jerry Richardson was a good owner and gave this team an identity. Tepper sucks 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

I’m not totally excusing Fitt, but it’s clear to me most of his moves were heavily influenced by the coaches and Tepper.

Hes just doing what the guys around him want him to do.

Maybe he is a good talent evaluator. Who knows. BUT, we need someone who will stand up to Tepper and build a team correctly.

21 hours ago, rayzor said:

I don't plan on watching this team the rest of the year.

Every moment I have watched I have regretted and soon fixed by quitting watching.

Why bother. I'm just not invested emotionally in this team any more. It's a joke.

I don't see us being good for a couple more years....not that I will care.

I'm just done.

This... I'll check back in next year... if we start off looking the same way, it'll be back to not watching.

22 minutes ago, travisura said:

Not to buck the melodrama in this thread, but I will always follow this team, no matter how dark it gets. I'll never not be interested in how they're doing.

The bad times make the good times sweeter, and things won't be bad forever.

I was there, watching every game when we went 1-15 or 2-14.  I always knew things would get better.  This time feels different, I have no hope with David Tepper as our owner.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, NAS said:

I was there, watching every game when we went 1-15 or 2-14.  I always knew things would get better.  This time feels different, I have no hope with David Tepper as our owner.

That's fair, but I just can't help but think that Lions and Browns fans would laugh at us complaining about a mere 6 years of losing. If they can turn it around, then certainly the Panthers can too.

1 hour ago, NAS said:

Seasons I was proud of:

1996 - NFC championship

2002 - John Fox took a 1-15 team to a respectable 7-9 record and a number 1 overall defense.

2003 - SB appearance

2004 - Aftwr devastating injuries and a 1-7 start the team got on a winning streak and almost made the playoffs if not foe the infamous Mike Vick 4th and 12

For all his faults, Jerry Richardson was a good owner and gave this team an identity. Tepper sucks 

For the non-SB years, 2005 & 2008 were the teams with the top talent that could have won it all.  Put 2005 (pre-TJ) Delhomme on the 2008 team, that would have done it, 

• Pie 2

23 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

I don't think you're guaranteed an expansion team whenever Tepper moves this one.

the biggest joke of a sports market. Maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe if they move to Raleigh, they'd appreciate it. Charlotte just doesn't care as much as other markets. Most sports franchises seem like a cash grab at this point.

3 hours ago, NAS said:

Seasons I was proud of:

1996 - NFC championship

2003 - SB appearance

eh throw 2011 in there too just bc Cam was doing things unheard of. 2017 because we had it but the Taints were the achilles heal an their still Katrina favortism at that point.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, RumHam said:

eh throw 2011 in there too just bc Cam was doing things unheard of. 2017 because we had it but the Taints were the achilles heal an their still Katrina favortism at that point.

I agree - loved watching rookie Cam and that team even if we didn't win many games.