• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce is gonna go down as the second biggest QB bust in the 21st century

I can’t imagine Bryce scratching the top 5 or top 10 busts of all time even if he never improves. 

even in the last couple drafts Trey Young and let’s not forget Josh Rosen going back a little further are EASILY bigger busts if this is the ceiling for Bryce young. Put down the alcohol people.

Edited by LelouchBritannia

Pound for pound given the circumstances, it may be Bryce considering what we invested in him and the time we will now have to sink into him just to salvage him. I don't think I've seen Bryce do anything well tbh.

He can't see the field. Literally he can't see over the line, so all his throws are high and I'm willing to guess blind. He can't see what the defenses give him, he locks into one guy and doesn't even scan the field or go through his progressions. His mechanics are just as bad, he has a slow delivery and doesn't get the ball out fast enough and his footwork is terrible. Somehow he has no touch or accuracy as well. He plays scared and I don't really see him having many leadership qualities that elevate his players like guys like Cam or Stroud. All this on top of his physical shortcomings like a weak arm and small stature leading to turnovers.

The only thing I like what I see from him is his anticipation at times, but even then it doesn't help because he doesn't have the arm to make the throws he sees, so his balls just sail or hang. He needs a lot of work, possibly too much for us. 

• Beer 2

27 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

And there was no doubt Russell was talented.  He did what he did without even studying fuging film or knowing gameplans lol.  He just didn't give a poo and had zero motivation to be great.  He also, accoridng to him, had forces within the building in Oakland that were actively sabotaging him and working against him.  That isnt the case with Bryce.  And despite what we know and saw from Russell, because of his physical ability, everyone will always wonder "what if?" because of his potential.

Bryce studies film, knows the gameplans, but just fuging sucks and doesn't have the physical ability to execute winning professional football plays consistently.  There is no what if, because he's trying his best with limited ability.

So, in my book, factoring that in as well as the cost to move up to take him, Bryce is by far the bigger bust.  

That's certainly an interesting philosophy -- The guy who doesn't try, who doesn't prepare isn't as much of a bust as the guy who did. I would say Russell is the bigger bust because he DID have the talent to be great. 

2 minutes ago, LelouchBritannia said:

I can’t imagine Bryce scratching the top 5 or top 10 busts of all time even if he never improves. 

even in the last couple drafts Trey Young and let’s not forget Josh Rosen going back a little further are EASILY bigger busts if this is the ceiling for Bryce young. Put down the alcohol people.

The price for BY is what makes the difference. The 9ers were in a position that taking Lance didn't hurt them as much if he busted because they still had Jimmy G. They did get lucky with Purdy but it didn't affect them overall. Rosen was an ass and gone one year later and they drafted Murray because they still had their picks. 

Bryce will easily be the biggest NFL bust because of the price paid. 

Threads like this give me whiplash. Just when I'm about to say that the Bryce skeptics are totally right, and everyone saying our failures are due to the issues around Bryce, are totally wrong...We get threads like these which are so obviously biased against Bryce that it makes the Bryce skeptics look silly. 

14 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Can we trade Bryce Young for Trey Lance?

I would unironically take this trade. 100%. I've seen enough of Bryce to know he's just not cut out for the pro game. Trey may not be. Bryce is certainly not. Benefit of the doubt is literally an upgrade. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

8 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

The price for BY is what makes the difference. The 9ers were in a position that taking Lance didn't hurt them as much if he busted because they still had Jimmy G. They did get lucky with Purdy but it didn't affect them overall. Rosen was an ass and gone one year later and they drafted Murray because they still had their picks. 

Bryce will easily be the biggest NFL bust because of the price paid. 

I just disagree with this perspective. I think it's an argument for Lance being a bigger bust. You walked into a stacked situation, a team ready to compete now, some of the best coaching, and best talent in the entire NFL... and you can't even see the field and get beat out by a 7th rounder. 

• Pie 2