• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who Picked Bryce?

tukafan21

20 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I’m not ready to say his physical limitations will prevent him from being great. However I certainly don’t fault anyone who does. I’m with Olsen on how it’s impossible to properly evaluate him in this offense. I’ve seen some plays where he zips it, but others where is kind of lofts it. I don’t know if it’s a confidence thing or rushing his fundamentals but something is definitely off more so in these past couple games.

Its a speed thing. He did that in college but players in the  nfl are faster. 2 things. He got thrown in a buzzsaw of a organization and he isnt as good as people thought he would be.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Waldo said:

If that is their bar then being elite at that level means zip and it shouldn't be a surprise when obvious not elite people, Golden calf to Jonny Gootball to Bryce Young, fail in the NFL. None od those guys were serious NFL prospects because anyone not a college fan can see how low their quality was from an NFL perspective.

I don't really get college ball or it's culture really. I look at it from the NFL standard I guess.

Just different games. Those dudes usually end up getting taken care of by boosters. Now with NIL money those types of guys will end up making REAL money.

Honestly, the college game is just flat out more entertaining than the NFL right now. There's a lot of bad football being played in the NFL right now.

• Beer 1

We should've analyzed the past 3 drafts like this. What position do we need first? How well do they play their position. for QB its how well can they throw the ball (accuracy, velocity)? This alone was our answer and it was Stroud. He had made Olave look great, Harrison Jr look great because his accuracy. Now he is making Tank dell look great. 3 years ago I wanted Micah Parsons. Dude was elite (freak athlete) and I said he would bring back the Luke style defense. We went with Jaycee Cant stay on the field Horn. I was actually ok with Ickey although he is having a sophomore slump. I think he will prove himself year 3.

Edited by ncsfinest21

1 hour ago, App Panther said:

I can't wait for that moment when we are finally winning again in 5 years and some fluff piece comes out on how Tepper re-evaluated how involved he was during some bullshit come to jesus moment and is absolved of his first decade without a winning season. He will look like a hero for stepping aside. 

You really think Tepper will be willing to step aside and admit he was an issue from 2018-2023? I sure hope so but I am not optimistic. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 11/19/2023 at 10:47 PM, ForJimmy said:

I’m not ready to say his physical limitations will prevent him from being great. However I certainly don’t fault anyone who does. I’m with Olsen on how it’s impossible to properly evaluate him in this offense. I’ve seen some plays where he zips it, but others where is kind of lofts it. I don’t know if it’s a confidence thing or rushing his fundamentals but something is definitely off more so in these past couple games.

I agree that it's too early to properly evaluate him in the offense, particularly with the OL and weapons.

But it's not too early to say he doesn't have the physical traits to be elite, he could end up a serviceable starter, but he's never going to be elite, he lacks every physical tool needed to get to that level.

And thus, the trade up to take him is beyond atrocious, you don't make that trade for someone who has a max potential of being the 20th best QB in the league.

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Just different games. Those dudes usually end up getting taken care of by boosters. Now with NIL money those types of guys will end up making REAL money.

Honestly, the college game is just flat out more entertaining than the NFL right now. There's a lot of bad football being played in the NFL right now.

The gambling, the constant 1st and 15s that they will pile up on a team keeping them down, it is all hand in hand. IMO. NFL is very organized.

On 11/19/2023 at 9:57 PM, Panthercougar68 said:

Ding Ding Ding...if you find someone to maximize interior oline play it will be night and day. Bryce can't step up into a space that doesn't exist. Drew Brees lived like this...Hurr durrr before anyone says he's not Drew Brees go back and watch the pucker factor when he had Evans and Grubbs as his guards.

First it was Jahri Evans and Carl Nicks...two perennial first team all pro guards. But no one here wants to hear or admit that. They'd rather be miserable and call Bryce a bust even after acknowledging the dearth of talent we have on offense and the disconnect amongst our coaching staff. They will be the first to point at all we gave up for Bryce and quickly forget that if you want a young QB to be successful he needs solid play and talent from the people around him. We got rid of DJ Moore and CMC. Two excellent pieces to surround a young "undersized" QB with. What did we replace them with again? Lol. We changed blocking schemes from what was working to forcing our guys to play out of position. Our WRs can't get any separation off the LoS. Miles Sanders is trash. It's a complete and total disaster on offense. But hey let's blame the rookie QB that we traded all of our offensive talent to get for not having stats like CJ Stroud every Sunday. Some real brilliant football minds on this board.

13 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's what I don't get. People find it more entertaining while watching some busted talent be overblow? I just don't get that myself. The college level is almost all bad football so why is it so entertaining to people?

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

That's what I don't get. People find it more entertaining while watching some busted talent be overblow? I just don't get that myself. The college level is almost all bad football so why is it so entertaining to people?

Watch two good college teams and then watch the Panthers and report back which was a more enjoyable football watching experience.

I truly believe all three wanted Bryce: tepper, Fitt and Reich

Look I was a Stroud guy but almost every single analyst and scout in the league viewed Bryce as the number one prospect outside of his height. It's not hard to believe all three of them liked him. 

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Watch two good college teams and then watch the Panthers and report back which was a more enjoyable football watching experience.

I literally can't sit through either now. It's been 20 years since I could sit through a college game.

Edited by Waldo