• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Someone Actually Be Fired on Monday?

Hoenheim

If we bring Fitt/Frank back next season I'm officially no longer a Panthers fan.

ESPN was literally laughing at our situation with Bryce. They said he has nothing around him and they literally feel sorry for the kid.

We had a good thing going with Wilks and Darnold and Tepper did a 360 and went with Frank and Young. In the process he traded away our best offensive weapon and future picks.

Now we have a QB who don't belongs and a ton of holes to fill on both sides of the ball.

Fug you Tepper!

I thought at the time that not hiring Wilks full time was the correct decision because I felt we needed an offensive-minded head coach to develop whatever QB we would be drafting.

That said, Frank Reich was nowhere on my list of preferred candidates. He may come from an offensive background, but he coaches like Jeff Fisher or John Fox. I wanted Shane Steichen, Brian Johnson, or Kellen Moore. I would also have preferred a young defensive coach like DeMeco Ryans or Ejiro Evero to Reich.

It was so obvious at the time that Reich was not the answer. I thought bringing in a good staff might make up for Reich's problems on some level, and certainly Evero has been a good hire on defense, but nothing about what we've done on offense has worked. It's been the complete opposite of what hiring an offensive-minded head coach should be.

• Beer 1

I’m standing on what I was told back in the spring and what I shared here. 

Reich wanted Carr, the front office was not interested but met with him out of respect for their new HC.

Frank wanted Stroud or Richardson; Fitterer and his team wanted Bryce Young. 

The impression I have been given is Bryce Young was a Scott Fitterer pick.

Scott convinced David Tepper that he was the right guy. Frank being new and timid probably didn’t push back on it and caved. 

Edited by Leaky_Faucet
Voice dictation had it messed, had to fix manually.
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

I’m standing on what I was told back in the spring and what I shared here. 

Reich wanted Carr, the front office was not interested but met with him out of respect for their new HC.

Frank wanted Stroud or Richardson; Fitterer and his team wanted Bryce Young. 

Scott convinced David Tepper that he was the right guy. Frank being new and timid probably didn’t push back on it and caved. 

I have zero doubt Fitt wanted Young.  His press conference speeches all hinted towards it plus the whole Russ Wilson in Seattle thing.  I think Frank liked most of the top 3 and Young advertised as the most "pro ready" probably made it easy for him to go with Young.  I don't believe Frank is good at developing QBs as he never really has.  This is probably why he wanted Carr originally. 

1 hour ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

I would add, I always felt Tepper’s voiced reasoning for why Bryce was their pick…..felt like GM soundbites. 

the whole we can build a cheap offense and put it all in the defense narrative.  

12 minutes ago, Camp Fodder said:

Really surprised at 1-9 that a position coach is not at least being fired 

Especially when you take into account that the performances in every game have been bad/very bad. There's not one thing where you can say it's worth letting it play out because we've seen glimpes of potential.