• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Unofficial GM/HC candidate list

methodtoll

I think Fitts is terrible but I honestly kinda want him to stay onboard another year simply because I have a feeling that if he's fired after this year the new GM is going to be saddled with trying to first and foremost build a roster around Bryce. We might be better off just taking it on the shorts another year hoping Tepper can admit that yet another infatuation of his is a bust.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think Fitts is terrible but I honestly kinda want him to stay onboard another year simply because I have a feeling that if he's fired after this year the new GM is going to be saddled with trying to first and foremost build a roster around Bryce. We might be better off just taking it on the shorts another year hoping Tepper can admit that yet another infatuation of his is a bust.

its better long term for this franchise to ride it back one more year with everybody so we can do an absolute clean break in 2025.  Forcing a gm or coach to roll with young as qb is going to turn off a lot of folks for both positions. 

31 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Don't forget the Happy Sharks GIF by Shark Week

This is worth the 10 minutes or so it takes to watch.

I think the sharks being referred to would be the type that want to choose their own GM or at least have some control in building a roster. Definitely similar to what Harbaugh was seeking from the Vikings last offseason. 

I can also see why some coaches might prefer the Panthers job to something like the Chargers. Going 9-8 there would immediately put you on the hot seat and there’s pretty much no chance of getting close to the playoffs with that record in a tough AFC.

Going 9-8 here would probably earn you a parade and a lifetime contract from Tepper. That’s how low the bar is at this point. 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I think we're fuged. I'm so happy the NFL got the buyer they wanted in the good old boys club but it sure fuging sucks for Panthers fans.

I'll add this...

Whether it's this offseason, next year or whenever, my enthusiasm for researching potential options is pretty low right now. 

Why? Same reason as others. Because knowing that Tepper is running things just makes it all just feel futile.

If he hires a consultant for guidance, maybe that'll help. If not, oy 😖

Surprised more folks aren’t pushing for Evero. Watching what he’s done here with a depleted D, being a young, rising HC candidate already to other teams and seeing what Ryans is doing in Houston, I’m all for it.

Evero and Ben Johnson are 1A & 1B. 

I do hope they let go of Fitts & Reich together so it’s a clean sweep.