• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Unofficial GM/HC candidate list

methodtoll

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, razorwolf said:

Here are three sports hiring consultant firms for General Manager and Head Coach candidates and help make sure the Rooney Rule is followed in hiring process:

-  Korn Ferry

-  DHR Global

-  Parker Executive Search

I posted this in another thread but Albert Breer put out an article earlier this year about how owners have been moving away from search firms when trying to hire people. I don’t think there’s been a search firm used to find a HC since Cleveland used one to hire Stefanski in 2020. So I think they’re becoming a thing of the past. 

3 minutes ago, BlackPanther22 said:

I posted this in another thread but Albert Breer put out an article earlier this year about how owners have been moving away from search firms when trying to hire people. I don’t think there’s been a search firm used to find a HC since Cleveland used one to hire Stefanski in 2020. So I think they’re becoming a thing of the past. 

Home run hire though

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

Isn’t Howell like top ten in passing yards? Aren’t the Chiefs having a down year? Idk man 

Watch the games. Listen to the opponents. Bieniemy completely abandons the run for huge swaths of every game despite having a terrible pass protecting OL. Their opponents flat out say the only part of their offense that concerns them is Howell getting outside the pocket and making plays outside the framework of the offense and the primary difference between Howell and Brissett is that Bieniemy actually commits to the run when Brissett is playing.

• Pie 1

23 hours ago, razorwolf said:

@Keep_Pounding @Panthers @PanthersCentre IMO I think #DavidTepper should have already relieved #ScottFitterer from the GM position and named #DanMorganJr as Interim GM. Should've already hired a third-party group or consulting firm to help start looking for the next GM and HC!

Outside of doing the interviews what can they really do at this juncture? It's not like they have to wade through piles of applications, theres 5-7 guys the team wants.  Search completed. Now to interview and eventually hire one of them.  I'd argue that for HC or GM.  Even if they used a search firm last cycle.. the invterviewers would be the same. The search firm doesn't hire the HC.  They just do the leg work of collecting names for interviews.