• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

RB Coach Duce Staley and QB Coach Josh McCown fired

jamos14

1 minute ago, UNCrules2187 said:

But again, that has nothing to do with Staley. STs being good this season is attributable to Tabor.

What about his game log as an offensive player has shown you improvement from last season attributable to this coaching staff?

blackshear.JPG

I don't go by stats. I go by what I see.

What I've seen is that when he was used, Blackshear looked good.

Keeping him inactive in favor of Miles Sanders hasn't exactly looked like a solid decision.

1 minute ago, AU-panther said:

what exactly did they quote?

I know there is the clip of "finding a court in charlotte" or whatever but was there more?

I'm not saying there isn't a possibility that McCown liked Stroud more, just curious as to these quotes you are referencing.

I gave you the tweet for one of Holder's statements in another thread.

Is exact words there were that it's an "open secret around the league" that Tepper heavily influenced the quarterback choice.

Edited by Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't go by stats. I go by what I see.

What I've seen is that when he was used, Blackshear looked good.

Keeping him inactive in favor of Miles Sanders hasn't exactly looked like a solid decision.

Wouldn't this be an indictment of Reich and Staley though? Maybe he'll get more chances because the two guys who are most responsible for which RBs are up and who's getting snaps in the game are now out?

Edited by UNCrules2187

22 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That's not really a hard thing to imagine.

Hard to see personality being an issue with McCown though.

It gets old getting trash talked by a guy who hasn’t had a 100 yr rusher all year. Not really sure what Duce does from a coaching standpoint 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Wouldn't this be an indictment of Reich and Staley though? Maybe he'll get more chances because the two guys who are most responsible for which RBs are up and who's getting snaps in the game are now out?

Of Reich, definitely.

His depth chart decisions have been one of my big criticisms of him.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I gave you the tweet for one of holders statements in another thread.

Is exact words there were that it's an "open secret around the league" that Tepper heavily influenced the quarterback choice.

here again, it's not mutually exclusive.

Saying Tepper pushed for Young, doesn't mean everyone else wanted Stroud.

This is the entire problem with this entire narrative around here, people are inferring things based off of their own agenda.

At the start of the draft season Tepper could have made it clear that he wanted to invest a drafted QB, the majority of the front office could have decided Young was the best option, and then Tepper could have pushed for the team to make it happen.  Tepper might have even been the deciding voice if they were split over it.

That is the same as Tepper heavily influencing the QB choice.  Doesn't mean everyone else wanted Stroud.

• Pie 6
  • Flames 1

Just now, AU-panther said:

thats the problem you are seeing, owners shouldnt be pushing and influencing anyone.  They should be hands off so there is a clean evaluation which obviously didnt happen.  It was soiled the second the teppers hopped on the private jet with fitt and crew

Just now, AU-panther said:

This is the entire problem with this entire narrative around here, people are inferring things based off of their own agenda.

At the start of the draft season Tepper could have made it clear that he wanted to invest a drafted QB, the majority of the front office could have decided Young was the best option, and then Tepper could have pushed for the team to make it happen.  Tepper might have even been the deciding voice if they were split over it.

That is the same as Tepper heavily influencing the QB choice.  Doesn't mean everyone else wanted Stroud.

Holder has also said that Reich wanted Stroud. So did the others mentioned above as well as Adam Schefter back during the draft.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Holder has also said that Reich wanted Stroud. So did the others mentioned above as well as Adam Schefter back during the draft.

if you are referring to the tweet linked to me earlier, Frank doesn't tell Holder, Holder tells Frank who he think Frank wants.  Thats totally different.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Of Reich, definitely.

His depth chart decisions have been one of my big criticisms of him.

Ok. I think we're talking in circles here. I guess my point is I did not see any notable improvement from Hubbard and especially Blackshear when it comes to their offense/RB roles that would make me think Staley was worth keeping around. The stats bear that out, you're saying your eye test tell you they are improved. I can't really argue with your eyes, but I'm not seeing this supposed improvement you are and thus I'm not surprised Staley was sent packing.