• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Coach, New Starting QB?

RumHam

We need to play Bryce the rest of the season for a few reasons.

1. Let's see if a change in coaching helps in any way.

2. The more reps he can get in live action, the better.  More film for him and the coaches (and the next coaches).

3.  We can see if he has a chance to be what we thought he could be when he was drafted.

• Flames 2

3 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

I’m convinced anyone who wants to see Dalton has a miserable life and can only hope to watch meaningless snaps for a chance of feeling slightly better on Sundays. 

Not close. In the only game we saw Dalton play he was decisive, threw into a blitz, was quick with his throws and called audibles to beat the pressure. Things veteran quarterbacks know how to do. Things Bryce isn't doing.  Young needs to see Dalton do more with the same group of players as a blueprint for what he should be doing. We fired our quarterback coach because they werent helping Bryce learn the spread offense and how to attack defenses. It is one thing to see it on a tablet and watch film of all the things you did wrong versus watching someone call the exact same play and execute it differently and more effectively.

10 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

I’m convinced anyone who wants to see Dalton has a miserable life and can only hope to watch meaningless snaps for a chance of feeling slightly better on Sundays. 

Dalton would be on IR if he took even half of the shots Young has taken. Talk poo about the dudes size all you want but he is as tough as they come

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, bigjohn said:

We need to play Bryce the rest of the season for a few reasons.

1. Let's see if a change in coaching helps in any way.

2. The more reps he can get in live action, the better.  More film for him and the coaches (and the next coaches).

3.  We can see if he has a chance to be what we thought he could be when he was drafted.

One could argue he's a bust and you should play Dalton so you can evaluate the actual roster and Browns play calling to see if you should retain anyone at all. Bryce can actually compete for the job in camp next summer instead of being handed the job after a week like last summer

57 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

One could argue he's a bust and you should play Dalton so you can evaluate the actual roster and Browns play calling to see if you should retain anyone at all. Bryce can actually compete for the job in camp next summer instead of being handed the job after a week like last summer

Not ready to call him a busy with this leadership, play calling, O-line and receivers.

Absolutely have no problem bringing in competition in camp next year. I agree with that 100%.

• Beer 1

12 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

I mean if we wanted to be mediocre this season could have started him earlier to be more competitive at this point it serves 0 purpose and only miserable people would want to, they aren't giving up on Bryce after one season not with the price they paid the only concern for the remainder of the season should be Bryces development (yes even more than winning anything utterly meaningless) I imagine if the offense was showing real week to week improvement even at 1-10 Reich wouldn't have been fired.

PSA

For Tepper, an NFL franchise is the equivalent of a vanity license plate.  It’s a play toy for him, and he intends to play with it.  As fans, we need to adjust our expectations accordingly.

It helps to have a well rounded life of other interests, so that your personal happiness doesn’t rise and fall with this team’s won/loss record.  

Edited by bythenbrs

1 hour ago, BY9Franchise said:

I mean if we wanted to be mediocre this season could have started him earlier to be more competitive at this point it serves 0 purpose and only miserable people would want to, they aren't giving up on Bryce after one season not with the price they paid the only concern for the remainder of the season should be Bryces development (yes even more than winning anything utterly meaningless) I imagine if the offense was showing real week to week improvement even at 1-10 Reich wouldn't have been fired.

Bryce is the team. One of the only few things we know will be here next year.

16 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If we hold our trajectory and give the bears the #1 overall pick that is going to be the ultimate embarrassment and will continue to be talked/laughed about for years.  I for one would like to avoid at all costs setting the fuging bears up with that type of draft capital.  But thats me

Same, put Dalton out there and try to avoid that #1 pick

16 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

Continuing to lose games could shore up the Bears.

Imagine a world where the off-load Fields for three 2nd round pics and a future 1st, get Drake Maye, get Marvin Harrison Jr. hire Ben Johnson as their HC, and now have DJ Moore to go along with the best receiver in recent history, two generational talents to go along with a generational talent as a head coach.

Bears could be set for a decade. And that means if we ever hope to win, we have to go through them. 

Only a clueless GM would give up 3 2nd round picks for Justin Fields AND A FUTURE FIRST. Chicago should be giddy if they could get a #2 or a #3. He hasn't shown that he's anywhere close to leading a team to the playoffs, much less a championship.

I may get reamed for this as a GM, but I'd try to move Fields to Atlanta for a 2 or 3. He's from GA so I doubt he'd mind the change in scenery. He should be able to beat out Desmond Riddler.

I'd even consider a straight up swap for Kyle Pitts and a mid round selection. This would give whichever QB they pick in round 1 (likely Caleb Williams if he comes out ) a chance to throw to DJ Moore, Pitts, and possibly Harrison Jr if they  picked him at #2. The Bears would have arguably the most explosive receiving core in the NFL for the rest of the decade.

Any chance we can just trade all of our draft picks for the next 2 years for 2026 draft picks, release/trade everybody for picks, play random guys off the street for 2024 and 2025 seasons, and just draft 53 players in the 2026 draft + have a ton of cap to work with? Can't imagine they would be any less talented than this load of crap we have on our team right now.