• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith on the firings

Jackie Lee

Well they all seem to be in agreement and quoting defensive coordinators that Frank Reich has been painfully predictable and the entire league knows what we are doing.   And unless you have a roster of all pros you will simply lose in the NFL if that is what you are.   

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

Wolfe makes a decent point about how it has taken a lot of owners a long time to “get it”. People forget that.  49ers fired 3 coaches in 24 months before Kyle Shannahan.  But they are used as an example of an org that “gets it” and people act like that wasn’t part of the path. 

Jed York was in the exact same situation before he hired Lynch and Shanahan, and told them that he would just let them do their thing but this only works if you hire the right pair. 

I would start with Adam Peters

• Pie 2

And they keep circling back to just how trash Frank was.   So much tied to his poo and predictable O.  They essentially say everyone sees it that knows football.  Referenced when it was called out in the 3rd quarter last week during the game. It has a lot to do with the OL getting destroyed.  Frank sets it up for implosion.   

I

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, countryboi said:

Jed York was in the exact same situation before he hired Lynch and Shanahan, and told them that he would just let them do their thing but this only works if you hire the right pair. 

I would start with Adam Peters

Yeah, I think if Tepper actually hired a good HC….it would be much easier to stay uninvolved.    

I really hope he fires Fitt, hires a firm to go get him a HC/GM pairing for the 2024 version of the NFL with  a vision and stays out of it for a couple years. 

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Since smitty got on the payroll, Ive basically stopped listening. 

Dam shame cause I enjoyed most of his takes. I even remember he was on an island about some white WR named kupp being the best WR in the draft....

Well, 89 referenced that narrative.  So he is at least aware tha people view it that way.   Given the 89’s style and wealth (and present earnings)  I doubt a little check from Tepper has turned him into his lapdog 

I think it’s possible 89 doesn’t trash Tepper because he probably would behave similar lol and just agrees with that style of management.  

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Well, 89 referenced that narrative.  So he is at least aware tha people view it that way.   Given the 89’s style and wealth (and present earnings)  I doubt a little check from Tepper has turned him into his lapdog 

Didn’t he flat out say he isn’t on their payroll in an earlier podcast? 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1