• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Suck For Allar in 2025?

chknwing

13 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Lamar Jackson was there for the taking in the off-season. The Nat'l media pushed for us to sign him. Tepper didn't even make a call.

Now we stuck with Bryce Young who most people know he doesn't have franchise QB talent. These will be a few wasted years and we don't have our picks on top of it.

In Tepper We Bust!

Lamar will not last long term in this league, his style of play with his body type isn't going to hold up.

He wasn't even worth the contract the Ravens had to give him, let alone what someone would have needed to trade away on top of it to even get him.

I'm quite convinced that his deal will look terrible before this contract is up, he has a year or two left before the hits start adding up and his play drops off dramatically.  Hell, let's see if he's even able to finish THIS season healthy, this is about the time of year he has been getting hurt and can't finish the season each of the last couple years.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Lamar Jackson was there for the taking in the off-season. The Nat'l media pushed for us to sign him. Tepper didn't even make a call.

Now we stuck with Bryce Young who most people know he doesn't have franchise QB talent. These will be a few wasted years and we don't have our picks on top of it.

In Tepper We Bust!

Yes he was. The original asking price before the tag was quite steep, but seeing what we gave up for BY, a complete unknown, the prices were basically equivalent. After the tag, I think the Ravens would just have matched the offer. No way we could have gotten him for just 2 1sts.

Trading for Lamar wasn't my 1st choice, or even 2nd or 3rd, but seeing what our FO has done, I don't think they could have bungled it much worse. 

6 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Yes he was. The original asking price before the tag was quite steep, but seeing what we gave up for BY, a complete unknown, the prices were basically equivalent. After the tag, I think the Ravens would just have matched the offer. No way we could have gotten him for just 2 1sts.

Trading for Lamar wasn't my 1st choice, or even 2nd or 3rd, but seeing what our FO has done, I don't think they could have bungled it much worse. 

I want to actually win in the playoffs though.  Lamar doesn't do that.  He mostly feasts on average to below average defenses.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, tukafan21 said:

Lamar will not last long term in this league, his style of play with his body type isn't going to hold up.

He wasn't even worth the contract the Ravens had to give him, let alone what someone would have needed to trade away on top of it to even get him.

I'm quite convinced that his deal will look terrible before this contract is up, he has a year or two left before the hits start adding up and his play drops off dramatically.  Hell, let's see if he's even able to finish THIS season healthy, this is about the time of year he has been getting hurt and can't finish the season each of the last couple years.

All I know is he win games.

They currently look like the best team in the AFC and Lamar is right at the top for MVP. Yeah and he's healthy so far. 

We still have DJ Moore in this scenario. I think we missed out on a potential playoff team in this weak division.

It is what it is.

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

In Tepper We Bust!

They mocked you, and some even said Lamar wasn’t that good. You had “respected” posters questioning his character. You were on point with LJ.

MVP candidate. He would’ve been a great pickup, but Baltimore wasn’t going to let him go.

No to Allar.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

All I know is he win games.

They currently look like the best team in the AFC and Lamar is right at the top for MVP. Yeah and he's healthy so far. 

We still have DJ Moore in this scenario. I think we missed out on a potential playoff team in this weak division.

It is what it is.

But also the general consensus that no matter what we/any team would have offered the Ravens would have matched it.

Edited by Panthercougar68
  • Pie 1

18 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

They mocked you, and some even said Lamar wasn’t that good. You had “respected” posters questioning his character. You were on point with LJ.

MVP candidate. He would’ve been a great pickup, but Baltimore wasn’t going to let him go.

No to Allar.

Thanks my guy.

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

But also the general consensus that no matter what we/any team would have offered the Ravens would have matched it.

How do you know if you don't actually put out a contract?

We don't know for sure what they would have done. It was real ugly at one point, maybe they take the picks because they fed up with Lamar?

Could have went either way we will never know.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wasn't a big fan of trading for Lamar simply because it would've meant giving up significant draft assets and a massive contract for a QB with a significant injury history and a playing style that kenda itself to future industry, but fug... I would've rather done that than trade up for Bryce.

I would rather have Sam Darnold than Bryce right now. At least we still have DJ Moore.

• Beer 1