• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Suck For Allar in 2025?

chknwing

4 minutes ago, Ghostface Chilla said:

OR

Caleb Williams does not declare for the draft and stays at SC another year with a better DC to hopefully get them contending for a championship. Then Williams to Carolina in 2025. 

That is of course, that Bryce does not get it together and we suck next season as well. 

Meh

I think Williams is a truly elite talent, but I have a feeling he is going to be a head case, and not in the way a Cam Newton was, where he was quirky but it didn't cause locker room problems.

That he's already coming out and saying there are only a handful of teams he's interested in playing for and that he wants ownership stake in any team that drafts him.  Even if he knows he won't get that and can't pick his team and was just talking pie in the sky stuff, the fact that the consensus #1 pick is even talking about that stuff in jest (if it even is that), is just a concerning state of mind to me.

No, I wouldn't pass on him if given the chance to take him without another elite prospect available, but if there was anyone even close (like Maye this year), I might go with the guy who seems to have his head on his shoulders more than Williams.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

7 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

The long play has always been to suck for Arch Manning, then we are guaranteed to be gifted a SB by the league. 

I'm torn, while I'd love to get him in the end, it's going to get REALLY ugly for that to happen.

Next year is already a lost year I think, Bryce isn't the guy.

That means we'll either have to suffer through 2 more awful years of Bryce, or we try to replace him after next season and his replacement is so bad that we still end up with the #1 pick in 2026.

Honestly, our best path to both getting Manning and still improving the team in 2025 is to get lucky by trying to replicate what the Bears are doing this year.

Trade down with our 2025 pick with a team we predict will be terrible in 2025, get their 2025 and 2026 first rounders, and then hope we keep improving in 2025 but end up getting the #1 pick in 2026 from that other team.

Basically what the Cardinals were trying to do this year by trading for the Texans 2024 1st in their trade down with them in this past draft for #3.  Near impossible to pull off, but I'd be willing to trade down in 2025 if there isn't a clear QB for us to take and attempt it.

Edited by tukafan21

Lamar Jackson was there for the taking in the off-season. The Nat'l media pushed for us to sign him. Tepper didn't even make a call.

Now we stuck with Bryce Young who most people know he doesn't have franchise QB talent. These will be a few wasted years and we don't have our picks on top of it.

In Tepper We Bust!

• Beer 1