• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Suck For Allar in 2025?

chknwing

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

And he had 2 SB champ kids. He was absolutely right when he told hos kid to not go to SD.

But wasn't part of it because their owner was known to be cheap at the time and Papa Manning didn't trust them to invest enough to put a winner on the field?

It's the exact opposite with Tepper, dude has almost no limit on what he'll spend to win.  Plus, you have to think wherever Arch gets drafted, Peyton and Eli would be more than willing to be a sounding board for anyone from the team to help them out.

I'd have no problem with Peyton offering Tepper his advice on GM/HC type of decisions, and I think that's the type of person who Tepper would really value and respect their opinion on those matters.

Edited by tukafan21

30 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

But wasn't part of it because their owner was known to be cheap at the time and Papa Manning didn't trust them to invest enough to put a winner on the field?

It's the exact opposite with Tepper, dude has almost no limit on what he'll spend to win.  Plus, you have to think wherever Arch gets drafted, Peyton and Eli would be more than willing to be a sounding board for anyone from the team to help them out.

I'd have no problem with Peyton offering Tepper his advice on GM/HC type of decisions, and I think that's the type of person who Tepper would really value and respect their opinion on those matters.

In that case yes but it was also more. Turns out he came out and said his dad took the heat for him but left it vague. Link. It was also how they ran the team. Brees, Leaf and other history I don't know or remember.

Tepper's cash isn't an issue here but how it really hasn't helped him yet regardless of how much he burns is. How the Byce saga goes down would heavily effect this type scenario but given his history of the other QBs he's had I would expect nothing less than brutal.

Edited by Waldo

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

In that case yes but it was also more. Turns out he came out and said his dad took the heat for him but left it vague. Link. It was also how they ran the team. Brees, Leaf and other history I don't know or remember.

Tepper's cash isn't an issue here but how it really hasn't helped him yet regardless of how much he burns is. How the Byce saga goes down would heavily effect this type scenario but given his history of the other QBs he's had I would expect nothing less than brutal.

I think the difference is the Chargers owner was always terrible because he didn't care enough to try to do right by the QBs, while Tepper is trying everything he can, just sometimes doing too much or doing it the wrong way because he cares maybe too much.

Just makes me think it isn't a situation the Manning's would pull the same thing as with Eli, I think they'd look at it as an opportunity, knowing Tepper would more than welcome the advice of someone like Peyton (Eli too, but let's be real, it's Peyton) and they could help him make sure they build the team around Arch right.

Edited by tukafan21

6 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

I think the difference is the Chargers owner was always terrible because he didn't care enough to try to do right by the QBs, while Tepper is trying everything he can, just sometimes doing too much or doing it the wrong way because he cares maybe too much.

Just makes me think it isn't a situation the Manning's would pull the same thing as with Eli, I think they'd look at it as an opportunity, knowing Tepper would more than welcome the advice of someone like Peyton (Eli too, but let's be real, it's Peyton) and they could help him make sure they build the team around Arch right.

Being terrible is the end result with or without care. Just trying really is the same difference in the end, it's juat 1 of the problems you are hyper focused on. The poor management and support is the same in the end. Right now Tepper doesn't even have the ability to buy wins and he is trying.

If BY ends up being treated like Cam, TB and the other duds they brought in then you're just reaching on painting a nicer picture then what's been going on around here. Look at the supporting cast, coaching and front office support. Yeah, trying is not what the issue is around here. It's gross incompetence. Most wouldn't have the option or knowledge of how to pull it off. The Mannings do.

Edited by Waldo