• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING!!: Panthers will go after Ben Johnson

TheSpecialJuan

9 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

While we are at it how about Calvin Johnson, Magic Johnson, Dwayne Johnson, and Lyndon Johnson take an interview too and see what happens? It really is good to turn over all stones. I'm even open to my own Johnson interviewing if I can get my zipper to work properly..............

lbj-laughs-l.jpg

LBJ just looks like an old school college coach.

• Beer 1

Some people here have the same mindset as Tepper, that money buys success. To a good candidate, being able to be in environment you think you can succeed matters and culture matters, money not so much. You’d think Tepper failing miserably even with his willingness to spend would be something people see and he’d learn from.

Anyone notice all he’s attracted is used car salesman who leveraged his offer with other teams (Giants), and half retired coaches looking to go out with a bag?

Money isn’t everything, and Tepper has been turned down by good coaches for good reasons.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

I’m gonna be cliche but Ben is the coach we deserve but not the one we need right now.

We need someone to help build up the foundation, Ben can be a wizard in scheming but I want someone to lay a foundation (could Ben do that too? I’m kinda leery on that) like first year Harbaugh or McDermott.

Edited by Panthercougar68

11 minutes ago, Panthers4real said:

What are Bryce’s strengths? As someone who wanted Bryce, that question is not meant to be condescending. Legit curious as I couldn’t tell you one, except he seems like a good kid.  

move the pocket. move the QB. boot legs, playaction, motion, read option, RPO, TE/FB/Laviska shovels on short yardage. remember the fake RB screen rivera offenses used to do where Cam would fake the screen then turn around and throw a TE screen? switch the RB/TE or whatever. that is a perfect play in a Bryce offense to backup pass rush and throw a different screen look. the problem w Rivera offenses is we never ran the play before the fake so the fake was always obvious. we run zero screens that aren't smoke to WR that suck

23 minutes ago, Panthers4real said:

What are Bryce’s strengths? As someone who wanted Bryce, that question is not meant to be condescending. Legit curious as I couldn’t tell you one, except he seems like a good kid.  

Don’t know. But something the scouts from the Texans, Colts and Panthers and the national media saw made him the number one pick unanimously.