• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official "I heard there was a game today" thread (game day thread...whoopie)

rayzor

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

His footwork is a way bigger problem than his arm strength. I would probably guess that you aren't sharp enough to see that is leading to a lot of those issues you think are arm strength. His footwork is easily his biggest issue.

Don't get me wrong, he is not in the upper half of the NFL starters in arm strength. Probably bottom 5-10. Not enough of a problem to be the thing that causes most of his issues.

Even with perfect textbook footwork, he doesn't have the arm strength needed to make the throws at this level, that's the problem.  Arm strength can overcome poor footwork, great footwork can't overcome an inadequate arm strength.

Yes it can help, and yes he has footwork issues, but those are fixable issues, you can't make this kid grow a howitzer out of his right shoulder.  Sure he can add muscle, but his frame will only allow so much of it, he will never even have an average NFL arm strength, not in today's NFL.

I'll admit there are a lot of fixable things with Bryce and ways he can improve (I don't necessarily think he will, but it's possible).

But his arm strength just isn't one of them, it will always be one of the worst in the leagues, it's not really debatable to anyone who has watched him play with an objective eye.

Edited by tukafan21

Just now, tukafan21 said:

Even with perfect textbook footwork, he doesn't have the arm strength needed to make the throws at this level, that's the problem.  Arm strength can overcome poor footwork, great footwork can't overcome an inadequate arm strength.

Yes it can help, and yes he has footwork issues, but those are fixable issues, you can't make this kid grow a howitzer out of his right shoulder.  Sure he can add muscle, but his frame will only allow so much of it, he will never even have an average NFL arm strength, not in today's NFL.

Look, I can't make you see things you just can't. That is very clearly a you issue.

There is a reason that basically no scout or pundit said he had arm strength issues, because he doesn't. Plenty of arm strength for the NFL.