• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It’s beyond time to bench Bryce.

hepcat

Some people need to chill. Scheme and coaching go a long way. Right now, our situation sucks, point blank. Bryce can be a decent player. Is he a world beater? Who knows. However, athletically and skill-wise there’s no way Purdy is more talented. However, the scheme and coaching are good. The real question is can this organization put him in a position to have success. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The receivers usually had 3-4 yards of separation and the OL gave him time. People talk about Bama being "down" his final year, but a down Bama is still a top 10 college roster. This narrative that Bryce was making chicken salad out of chicken poo at ALA-fuging-BAMA was always absurd.

Bama would not have beaten Georgia yesterday with Bryce. He’s always been limited.  

6 minutes ago, Tarheel119 said:

Some people need to chill. Scheme and coaching go a long way. Right now, our situation sucks, point blank. Bryce can be a decent player. Is he a world beater? Who knows. However, athletically and skill-wise there’s no way Purdy is more talented. However, the scheme and coaching are good. The real question is can this organization put him in a position to have success. 

I think his ceiling is probably Chad Pennington or Alex Smith at this point, yeah. And that's generous. He did have some flashes today at least.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, TN05 said:

I think his ceiling is probably Chad Pennington or Alex Smith at this point, yeah. And that's generous. He did have some flashes today at least.

I can definitely see that. I do think he’s more of a game manager. Now, is that worthy of the #1 pick? My opinion was no, but I haven’t seen him with competent coaching and scheme either.

Edited by Tarheel119
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, Wanderlai said:

The Bryce experiment is finished. He will start next year and barring a friggin intervention from God he will be gone in 25. The only reason he has not been benched is because Tepper sold the farm for the #1 pick and is forcing him out there. 

This ^^^

2 minutes ago, Tarheel119 said:

I can definitely see that. I do think he’s more of a game manager. Now, is that worthy of the #1 pick? My opinion was no, but I haven’t seen him with competent coaching and scheme either.

This is the first game I've been genuinely infuriated by scheming. Under-the-center worked all day. Pistol did not work at all, but they kept going to it. There was zero faith in Chubba despite him balling out. Literally just run the ball with Chubba under center, the Bucs couldn't stop it all day - it's not that hard.

• Pie 1

44 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

Maye can’t even beat NCState. Give me a break. 

NC State has defeated a number of good NFL QBs. They're never good enough to compete nationally or even for the acc title, but they are good enough to absolutely surprise a team or two almost every year. Maye is 6'4" with a cannon. He's gonna be good on Sundays.

5 minutes ago, TN05 said:

His flashes were still less than perfect balls.  I would consider flashes 'ideal' passes, but too few in number.  Flashes for Bryce are balls that could be prefect and happen to work, but could be better.  The double move Chark had today is a perfect example. The DB was beat, period and while it was a completion for a big gain, a perfectly thrown ball has Chark waltzing in the end zone.  As it was, the ball was under thrown. Chark had to slow down and turn around  with the ball going out of the field of play instead leading his man in stride.