• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Bryce hate has gotten absurd

Adb6368

7 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

His footwork is his footwork so he can see downfield when dropping back. It’s never going to change

The concerning stuff for me is when the play breaks down and he panics and compounds it with a bad decision… throwing the ball backwards 2-3 yards. You should always have an exit strategy on every play if sh!t goes south as a QB but he never seems to have that. His lack of overall awareness is ridiculous at this point. Yeah his OL has been trash but he sits in a collapsing pocket way too often. Bryce seems hesitant to run or move for whatever reason. 

Bryce also doesn’t have the natural arm strength to deliver the ball downfield without a larger than usual clean pocket. Bryce needs to really step into his deep throws. There’s just so much bad at this point but these were all things that showed up at Bama and I don’t see them changing.

When he has a clean pocket and time he can deliver the ball accurately and on time but whoop dee do. That’s not someone you trade up for.  

Also his deep ball is trash. Arm strength/accuracy down field just isn’t a strength and it never will be

The amount of deep passes the end of out of bounds is ridiculous. Doesn’t even give his guy a chance. 

The one he did complete to Chark was so badly under-thrown. Should’ve been a touchdown but instead Chark had to make a good play on the ball when he had a step on the corner 

13 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Jokes is just awful. At least Bryce has the rookie excuse.

Wilson still flashes elite talent, he's just terribly inconsistent and has a ton of disaster plays to boot. He probably still has a higher probability of ultimately working out than Bryce does though if I'm being honest.

QBR is an awful stat created by ESPN for the purposes of debate television. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Waldo said:

The truth isn't hate, it's just the reality of the situation. He looks headed to the list of worst top picks ever. I am even starting to doubt his ability to earn a backup gig after this mess is over.

I'm about right there with you. Every other backup QB I see forced into action looks better than Bryce.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm about right there with you. Every other backup QB I see forced into action looks better than Bryce.

Yup. It's so much worse than anyone wants to admit yet. The public naratives will switch after another draft hype cycle but this last one is still too fresh and too many 'experts' did a lazy ass job of evaluations on Bryce to have that conversation yet out in the media.

It will be interesting who admits they were wrong and who blames everything but Bryce still. Hell some people still don't blame Carr for his part in his failure which was always going to happen with his limitations in his game.

8 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Yup. It's so much worse than anyone wants to admit yet. The public naratives will switch after another draft hype cycle but this last one is still too fresh and too many 'experts' did a lazy ass job of evaluations on Bryce to have that conversation yet out in the media.

It will be interesting who admits they were wrong and who blames everything but Bryce still. Hell some people still don't blame Carr for his part in his failure which was always going to happen with his limitations in his game.

Yeah, I never understood how so many people acted like Carr was a surefire franchise QB that just got ruined. In a perfect scenario he's what? Maybe Alex Smith? I mean, yeah his situation may have helped to derail his career but I don't think he was ever gonna be a franchise QB no matter what

• Beer 1

25 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I never understood how so many people acted like Carr was a surefire franchise QB that just got ruined. In a perfect scenario he's what? Maybe Alex Smith? I mean, yeah his situation may have helped to derail his career but I don't think he was ever gonna be a franchise QB no matter what

Because they said so out of laziness. Same with Young. The tape was there and most took the easy route and just ran their mouth. This ain't the NCAA and it's not as easy of a game to play.

It looks more Carr than Smith situation with Young. He doesn't have the physical ability of Smith. He is Bridgewater lite if they fix his technical stuff...if he can even see playing with proper footwork. Some players just peak in school and other people just won't admit that is a real thing. I don't think Carr had the upside of Smith in his brain if I remember correctly. He had small hands too?

Edited by Waldo

4 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

Also his deep ball is trash. Arm strength/accuracy down field just isn’t a strength and it never will be

The amount of deep passes the end of out of bounds is ridiculous. Doesn’t even give his guy a chance. 

The one he did complete to Chark was so badly under-thrown. Should’ve been a touchdown but instead Chark had to make a good play on the ball when he had a step on the corner 

I saw a comment from an alabama fan that watched him play in college talk about how terrible his deep ball was in college.  He said his deep ball accuracy was atrocious I cant remember the stat he said and not even sure it was true but it was something like he completed only 10% of his deep throws in college.  With all that said not sure how the 1st overall grade got put on Young.  

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

I think the Bryce hate is well founded, next in line is Punch Bryce in the face.

Say What North Carolina GIF by Carolina Panthers

He has a face that you would love to punch. Bonus for breaking the glasses or knocking them off. Make him cry to win the jackpot.

"Um, know you, I need to step up you know, Um I have to get better, I didnt execute or do enough, so its um, you know its on me, yeah, you know its um, its um, you know I never you know I am a competitor and um, ultimately close isnt good enough and its um you know"

3 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

TEAM matters. SCHEME matters. And yes the QB has to perform when those are good enough. 

FOOTWORK and Reading defenses also matters. Stop backpedaling like a damn DB instead of a dropping back like a QB to throw a pass and maybe we will see some progress.

• Pie 2