• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I’m about 78% sure Kellen Moore will be the next head coach

hepcat

3 hours ago, Frank9999 said:

He didnt want any HC job last year just not carolina 

He didn't "pull himself from consideration" with the teams he did interview with until it was clear they were hiring other guys. Maybe something changes this year but I don't think he has any interest in coming here. 

6 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Bill O’Brien is a name to watch out for. Not saying I agree with it, but makes sense for several reasons. 

The last person to have success with Bryce. 
O’Brien the coach was actually successful with the Texans. 
Has experience working with Tepper type personalities. 

might actually check all the boxes. high on bryce, has experience at all levels....i don't know... why not? what's the worse that can happen?

This checks out because he's awful and i'll never know what this guy has done to warrant his job. As a Charger fan, that offense has regressed. Six points against the Patriots. They have all those weapons and they don't move the ball. Lol good luck. Quicker that mess it out of there the better.

Just now, rayzor said:

might actually check all the boxes. high on bryce, has experience at all levels....i don't know... why not? what's the worse that can happen?

Could be a situation where he’s strictly tied to the future of Bryce. If it works great. If not they’re both gone in a few years and we hard reset. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Hiring a coach just because they have worked with Bryce before would be such a tepper move

Tepper is a finance guy. He has to find a way to maximize his investment. Not saying that should be the move, but if we aren’t going to get any of the hot shot young coordinators then what’s the alternative?

1 minute ago, AceBoogie said:

Could be a situation where he’s strictly tied to the future of Bryce. If it works great. If not they’re both gone in a few years and we hard reset. 

as i'm sitting here this is making more sense to me.

you throwing all your hopes on this bryce young kid and you want someone to coach him that is just as sold on him as you are and who has had success...bill obrien fits. 

Unless you have inside sources, this is speculation at its finest. However, I have heard from legit sources, that there will be north of 10 job openings this year. Let that sink in, 10. So in that regard, Moore could be a possibility as we will have to compete with a lot of teams for good candidates this time around. It is the main reason I am glad we let Reich go so early, it lets us get started earlier. I would take Dan Quinn over Moore, and Johnson and Johnson. At least we would have a coach with experience. I can’t seem to shake Belichick, that feels like the Tepper hire.

Edited by philit99