• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reviewing Bryce draft projections, and a word on “flashing”

electro's horse

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Its just nuts that his mechanics havent been cleaned up yet.  I mean if a moron like  me from new bern can see it how the fug can his coaches not?

They hid him in the preseason, sat him with an “injury” in week 2, and at least some wanted to bench him. 

honestly don’t think it’s the coaches. 

• Pie 5

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Its just nuts that his mechanics havent been cleaned up yet.  I mean if a moron like  me from new bern can see it how the fug can his coaches not?

Beats the heck out of me. Lol it showed on his tape when I watched it and it wasn't mentioned by anyone.

When I say show up, I mean 15+ times a game in college showing up. 

3 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

They hid him in the preseason, sat him with an “injury” in week 2, and at least some wanted to bench him. 

honestly don’t think it’s the coaches. 

It's Tepper. If it was up to Frank, he wouldn't have started game 1 or been named the starter to begin with. 

Well if it was up to Frank alone, I don't think he woulda been drafted to begin with... but I digress 

I don't think people actually understand how much he meddles with his coaching staffs and front office staff. 

Think Jerry Jones but worse because he gets into play call meetings 

Edited by carpanfan96
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, gorillamilitia13 said:

I think you need to give a rookie qb until Thanksgiving of year 2 before you can start labeling him a bust

He shoulda never been in the conversation for qb1 in the draft.  I mean I'm not a scout and only played oline in highschool but watching his tape at Alabama...everything shows up 100%. 

Bad footwork, below average arm, slight frame, inability to read front 7 and being able to slide the line to protect himself.  Inability to get the ball out on time for timing concepts on 3 and 5 step drops. 

I don't know what to say to anyone, I thought the staff woulda been able to fix the extra hitches, bad footwork and make progression on his line reading because of his intelligence... but....

• Flames 2

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Will Stroud and Tua have been the exception. 
Never draft QBs from Alabama, Ohio or USC. 
I know Caleb Williams is getting a ton of hype but the fact he is from USC would have me worried if we did have our first pick. 

Helmet scouting is so dumb. Texas Tech was a terrible place for QBs to become anything in the NFL until Mahomes came along. He probably got drafted lower than he should have because of that.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, gorillamilitia13 said:

I think you need to give a rookie qb until Thanksgiving of year 2 before you can start labeling him a bust

Depends on the qb. You think Clausen should of got another shot? Over Cam? Or should we not have drafted Cam at all so Clausen could get another year?

Ok so if everyone now agrees that he shouldn't have been drafted where he was, what's next? 

Are you open to seeing Bryce with a new coach in a new system and a little more talent, and see if he makes improvements in year 2? Or are you so convinced of his bustness that you believe no matter who we bring in as coach he's not the guy? If you were the owner what would you do? Would you draft a QB with our first pick in 2024 (2nd rounder), bring in the best FA QB, what?

While hindsight is an easy thing, we're not going to get a real indictment of Bryce Young's ability to be a franchise QB until we see who our next coach is.  I'm not going to argue the if he is or isn't.  @electro's horse did a great job breaking down his failures.  

But whoever the next coach is, we'll see one of a few things happen:

1. No good coach with options shows up - and it's kind of a repeat season because of a lack of scheme players.  Bryce will not last under this option.  A new coach will go elsewhere at QB to save their job, and even then probably get fired.

2. Good coach is able to come in and build a system around Bryce and he's more successful.  Then we forget about all these bad things!  Hahahahahaha..............................

3. Good coach comes in, decides they don't want to play Bryce because of reasons, and they get run off by tepper (along with another $50+ million spent) before the end of the season.

There are still a number of media folks who keep beating the drum that decision makers in the NFL think Bryce is a capable NFL QB and not to give up on him.  We'll see.  I don't know.  At this point, I have no idea what Bryce's future is with the Panthers, and the Panthers future.  It could go great, it could be poo.  It's going to depend on who is coaching Bryce next year.