• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching Matters... Shane Steichan....

TheBigKat

So let me get this straight, we did't give this man a thorough look because he interviewed funny over ZOOM while his team was in the midst of a playoff/superbowl run?

So he didn't coddle the Billionaires enough to make them feel warm and fuzzy because he was busy game planning for the playoffs?

I am not even touching DeMeco Ryans but what I am saying is, Frank was available for a reason, he had all the time in the world to kiss up and grab his ankles to make the Teppers feel good about themselves. 

Here we have Steichan having his team COMPETE in December, a team that was abysmal under Reich. Now mind you this is mostly the same roster Frank had and considering he is getting the job done with the #4 pick out shows you have horrible Frank and his coaching schemes are

The morale of this story, until there's a president of football to help steer the GM / Coaching search, this new hire will basically be another Appaloosa analyst reporting to the boss

As an NFL fan, all you can really hope for at the minimum is that your team is playing meaningful football in December and the 2023 Coaching Hires

• Jonathan Gannon, Arizona Cardinals- entertaining football and always compete
  • Shane Steichen, Indianapolis Colts- playing meaningful football
  • Sean Payton, Denver Broncos- can't stand him but playing meaningful football
  • DeMeco Ryans, Houston Texans- odds on favorite for coach of the year
  • Frank Reich, Carolina Panthers- a dinosaur who's brand of football was as exciting as C-SPAN but more importantly a great "yes sir" company man

• Pie 5

The Teppers don't want an HC who has any control (including staff, roster & benching players). Any wish for an actual HC is futile. They want a roster whisperer to breathe life into what they have already built.

The HC who agrees to manage the team, adopt Appaloosa culture & keeps Young, Hubbard, Mingo, Tremble & Ekwonu in place as starters gets a $50m guaranteed contract (no benching or position changes allowed).

There is no championship end to this madness.

The hope is Tepper is 100% right with his team building strategy & revolutionizes the game where AI runs the team. No one outside the owner has control of the team.

Edited by CPantherKing

7 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

The Teppers don't want an HC who has any control (including staff, roster & benching players). Any wish for an actual HC is futile. They want a roster whisperer to breathe life into what they have already built.

The HC who agrees to manage the team, adopt Appaloosa culture & keeps Young, Hubbard, Mingo, Tremble & Ekwonu in place as starters gets a $50m guaranteed contract (no benching or position changes allowed).

There is no championship end to this madness.

The hope is Tepper is 100% right with his team building strategy & revolutionizes the game where AI runs the team. No one outside the owner has control of the team.

we have the modern day Al Davis except Al friggin won

• Pie 1

Just now, Ricky Spanish said:

Bums me out to see what could have been with Steichen, who was at the top of my list, and Minshew as a backup in case the rookie got hurt. They are just a fun team to watch.

I'd dare to say that what Steichen is doing with Minshew is just as impressive as Demeco is doing with Stroud

• Pie 3

23 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

I'd dare to say that what Steichen is doing with Minshew is just as impressive as Demeco is doing with Stroud

It really is just as impressive, especially considering the state of disarray that franchise was in last year between the firing of Reich, hiring of Jeff Saturday as interim, the saga of Jonathan Taylor, and the limited talent throughout the roster.

• Pie 1

Take a look at Philly's offense last night. Lack of pre-snap motion and anything that made Steichen's offense a staple. More or less it's now an offense with the goal of letting their talent overcome scheme, and such backfired against the 49ers.

Shame the Panthers passed on Steichen for a dinosaur in Reich.

• Pie 1