• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young Cannot Make Basic NFL Throws

BIGH2001

Just now, Ghostofdelhomme said:

1st round qb needs: pats, raiders, Vikings, falcons. Perhaps the giants, jets, buccaneers 

That's every year where the QB needs are greater than what actually gets drafted.  You forget about free agency.  Unless this draft is one for the history books, six QBs have only been drafted in the first round ONCE before...1983.

5 minutes ago, MtnJax said:

Bryce skipping the throwing portion at the combine was and still is the biggest red flag to me. At the time I thought it was because he didn’t wanna be exposed throwing to receivers he wasn’t familiar with but I think he knew otherwise. The Pro Day workouts should never be trusted imo

He didn't throw at the combine because he was too bloated with food and water to get his weight up.  He threw at his pro day because he didn't have to weigh. 

All the stuff pre-draft is just to posturing to put yourself in the best light.  I think the combine is borderline useless compared to a kids college career. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

That's every year where the QB needs are greater than what actually gets drafted.  You forget about free agency.  Unless this draft is one for the history books, six QBs have only been drafted in the first round ONCE before...1983.

Cousins leaving vikes is accounted for but he’ll probably go to the raiders or one of these teams

5 minutes ago, Ghostofdelhomme said:

Cousins leaving vikes is accounted for but he’ll probably go to the raiders or one of these teams

Fields will be traded...bank on it.  He has been looking better too, so a team may roll the dice over drafting a rookie.

Also, Jones' contract will be too expensive to get out from under after only one year.

Edited by 45catfan

46 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Except he'd probably look 10 times better if he were the QB of any other team other than the Carolina Panthers.

This fanbase has such terrible football IQ. We're going to be terrible for awhile at least I get to continue to laugh at the people who think they know what they're talking about on this forum. Haha.

Well most fans do have terrible football IQ. They get emotionally invested in the team, and its difficult to sometimes see what's what. It even works both ways, meaning negatively and positively. Really, we just have to look how he has played on our team, it's wild speculation if he'd look 10 times better somewhere else. I'm at that point where it doesn't sound like such a bad idea either.

9 minutes ago, Loyalty4Life said:

He didn't throw at the combine because he was too bloated with food and water to get his weight up.  He threw at his pro day because he didn't have to weigh. 

All the stuff pre-draft is just to posturing to put yourself in the best light.  I think the combine is borderline useless compared to a kids college career. 

Thanks for the deep throw response. His pro day was prolific if I remember correctly. but as Mike Tyson says until you get punched in the face…