• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

YOU TELL ME: How would YOU go about realistically fixing this team.

WarPanthers89

We literally have nothing else of substance to talk about. Franchise is in the tank, no first round draft pick, horrible owner, one of the worst offenses we’ve ever seen, coaches checked out, players checked out, Mrs Tepper scouting the O-Line, etc. 

Lets play pretend for a minute. Act as if Tepper brought you into his office, sweating thorough his dress shirt after just eating some of Hurneys meatballs, and he hands you a blank check to be the new coach of the Panthers. The One rule is that you must have Young as QB for the remainder of this season and next minimum. 

Tell me how you would go about fixing this team this offseason realistically:

****Projected 2024 cap currently:

Per Over The Cap, the Panthers are scheduled to have about $57 million in cap space in 2024 and currently have roughly $6 million this year that could be rolled over.

****2024 draft picks: 

— Their own second-rounder

— Their own third-rounder

— Their own fourth-rounder

— San Francisco's fifth-rounder

— Tennessee's fifth-rounder

— Arizona's sixth-rounder

****Upcoming team 2024 Free Agents:

Justin Houston DE      
C.J. Henderson CB      
DJ Chark WR      
Frankie Luvu LB      
Shaquill Griffin CB      
Brian Burns DE      
Marquis Haynes DE      
Sam Franklin S      
Yetur Gross-Matos DE      
Laviska Shenault WR      
DeShawn Williams DE      
J.J. Jansen LS      
Kamu Grugier-Hill OLB      
Henry Anderson DE      
Jeremy Chinn S      
Troy Hill CB      
Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR      
Nick Thurman DE

Giovanni Ricci FB      
Stephen Sullivan WR    

Raheem Blackshear RB      
LaBryan Ray DT      
Jalen Dalton DE      
Mac McCain CB      

****2024 NFL Free Agent List (Note: multiple players on this list will never reach Free agency:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/quarterback/?ref=trending-pages

Tell me how YOU. Would approach this offseason between draft and FA, as well as who we sign of our own in order to right this ship……

IMG_2629.jpeg

2 minutes ago, TN05 said:

Zig where the rest of the league is zagging - build defensively. We have a solid defensive unit, and a defensive coach could help turn this into a league-best defensive team, strong enough to hold the division for most of the next decade. This would also go a long way towards re-establishing an identity for this franchise.

On offense, build power run for now. Bryce Young is bad, we know he's bad, but we don't know if he'll get better. Rebuilding the entire team to accommodate his numerous physical weakness just isn't a viable idea at this point. Focus on fixing the offensive line and receivers, and hope for the best, but this offense needs to transition back towards its strength - downhill running. If Bryce is this bad next year (that is to say, historically terrible), we'll be picking number-one with a quarterback we may be able to throw into a relatively good situation.

Oh, and fire Scott Fitterer. Do that before anything else.

This isn’t a bad approach. Realistically you could sign one top FA WR, and get some help at guard and we could go back to Wilks Ball in 2024. Unfortunately we can’t touch Sanders for another season, and changing up our blocking scheme would do wonders. Play offense based on power run and play action. 

• Beer 1

Trick fitt and the Teppers into a locked basement.  Resign luvu. trade BY for whatever I can get. Focus on dline, oline and WR in FA. 

Run Dalton out at QB, power run and play action passing for a year. Lean on the defense and keep them fresh. 

Go into 2025 with a high first round draft pick and go from there. 

Most importantly, make sure that the Teppers and Fit stay locked in the basement.  

Edited by carpanfan96

What would do?

Step one, I admit the mistake and trade Bryce for whatever I can get. Yeah, I'm gonna be roundly mocked but it is what it is. The guy's a bust. 

I'm definitely looking at QBs in the draft and I'm bringing in a vet like Jacoby Brissett or Tyrod Taylor or Gardner Minshew to compete.

Tag and trade Burns. 

Go after Tee Higgins. If I fail, I'm still adding at least one solid vet WR and I'm bringing in at least at least one starting caliber OL.

I'm going to use the early portion of camp to have a LT competition between Ickey and Christensen with the loser playing OG.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Whew boy did you open up a can of worms!  Okay, eating an elephant strategy...here I go.

#1-Trade Brian Burns for draft capital.  A 1st round this year and a 2nd next year bare minimum

#2-Extend Brown

#3- Re-sign Luvu (priority #1 FA)

#4- Other in-house FAs to re-sign REASONABLY (no particular order): Haynes, YGM, Hill, KGH, Williams

*If JJ wants to come back then we obviously re-sign him--but I doubt he does.

#5 Either move Chinn to LB or trade him before FA.

#6 Free agency:  WR (x2) a tier 1 and a tier 2, TE, OLB and CB

#7 Use that first rounder to take either a QB or WR.

#8 Draft (no particular order) OLB, DL, CB, OL and BPA (WR if not taken in round 1).

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Whew boy did you open up a can of worms!  Okay, eating an elephant strategy...here I go.

#1-Trade Brian Burns for draft capital.  A 1st round this year and a 2nd next year bare minimum

#2-Extend Brown

#3- Re-sign Luvu (priority #1 FA)

#4- Other in-house FAs to re-sign REASONABLY (no particular order): Haynes, YGM, Hill, KGH, Williams

*If JJ wants to come back then we obviously re-sign him--but I doubt he does.

#5 Either move Chinn to LB or trade him before FA.

#6 Free agency:  WR (x2) a tier 1 and a tier 2, TE, OLB and CB

#7 Use that first rounder to take either a QB or WR.

#8 Draft a OLB, DL, CB, IOL and BPA

Luvu is walking 

Luvu and possibly YGM are the only FA's I would be willing to resign. Non exclusive tag Burns and trade him. Fire the entire front office and coaching staff other than Evero. Going TN05's route would probably be the quickest route back to respectability. Tepper needs to hire someone to over see the whole thing and then butt out. 

• Pie 1