• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper got robbed $37 million by Bryce’s parents

Selltheteamtepper

On 12/13/2023 at 9:50 PM, TheBigKat said:

he needs a damn step stool for the podium.... god help us how can Tepper be so stupid and made so much money

Fu0pTcgWwBAuSM3.jpg

versus this sherman tank

CwC5UuxWcAELtsZ.thumb.jpeg.76862c27d2d6ef9a2f2334283b4293f1.jpeg

Not fair. Cam was a MAN amongst men. Young is barely a kid amongst infants. 

• Pie 1

23 hours ago, DeeJay said:

Who let the people with under 100 posts 

Make stupid threads!

It's a problem that has become epidemic around here...

The only thing I can imagine is that with the lack of moderators and overall interest in the site (compared to previous years when the Panthers weren't a dumpster fire), no one stops these threads because they do generate clicks (even if they are nothing more than inflammatory nonsense).

Got to drive ad revenue somehow??  I'm not saying that as anything other than to be matter of fact.  Maybe it's just a necessary trade-off during an awful period to be running a Panthers message board.

Regardless, this place is flat-out embarrassing compared to what it once was, and it still sucks for those of us who remember (and want) this place to be better.

All the old-timers that actually kept this place moderated and a place for actual discourse (and some laughs that aren't predicated on stupid attempts at trolling) have left.

It's ran by trolls who poo on anyone or anything positive whatsoever.  I'm not saying this as hyperbole.

If you don't come in here to wallow in grievance and bash everything, you're not welcome...

And the thing is, we're 1-12... there is a lot to complain about.

But this place has just become toxic for toxic's sake...  it's not funny, it's not snarky, it's not insightful... it's just effing trolling... and it has hurt this board dearly, whether the current trolls in charge in Jeremy's absence will admit it...

Panthers Reddit is so much better for now.  For starters, there is actual moderation, which let's be honest, is a massive step up from Carolina Huddle (at least for the time being)

I love this place... I feel like it has been hijacked just like this franchise has been and turned into something SCP would wipe his ass with on a road trip after some bad Chipotle...  just like Luke Kuechly, SCP had the foresight to abandon this place when he saw where it was going over the past few years...

This place grew organically into the best Panthers message board out there... long before Black & Blue Review (now defunct), before Cat Crave, Cat Scratch Reader, and all the other Panthers-related media and podcasts... Carolina Huddle is unfortunately now a depressing hellscape and a shell of what it once was...

I don't see this place getting any better until we start winning and some of the old-timers (with something actually to say beyond trolling) return...

• Pie 2

It isnt like his parents and agents came to Carolina and sold snake oil to the Panthers in a vacuum. This kid was in the discussions for  1/2 top 5 picks well before the Panthers made the trade. 

It’s comforting to have a scapegoat but in reality the cause of this mess is pouring ketchup all over his steak and eggs at the moment. 

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, Seltzer said:

The only thing I can imagine is that with the lack of moderators and overall interest in the site (compared to previous years when the Panthers weren't a dumpster fire), no one stops these threads because they do generate clicks (even if they are nothing more than inflammatory nonsense).

Got to drive ad revenue somehow??  I'm not saying that as anything other than to be matter of fact.  Maybe it's just a necessary trade-off during an awful period to be running a Panthers message board.

Regardless, this place is flat-out embarrassing compared to what it once was, and it still sucks for those of us who remember (and want) this place to be better.

All the old-timers that actually kept this place moderated and a place for actual discourse (and some laughs that aren't predicated on stupid attempts at trolling) have left.

It's ran by trolls who poo on anyone or anything positive whatsoever.  I'm not saying this as hyperbole.

If you don't come in here to wallow in grievance and bash everything, you're not welcome...

But this place has just become toxic for toxic's sake...  it's not funny, it's not snarky, it's not insightful... it's just effing trolling... and it has hurt this board dearly, whether the current trolls in charge in Jeremy's absence will admit it...

Panthers Reddit is so much better for now.  For starters, there is actual moderation, which let's be honest, is a massive step up from Carolina Huddle (at least for the time being)

I love this place... I feel like it has been hijacked just like this franchise has been and turned into something SCP would wipe his ass with on a road trip after some bad Chipotle...  just like Luke Kuechly, SCP had the foresight to abandon this place when he saw where it was going over the past few years...

This place grew organically into the best Panthers message board out there... long before Black & Blue Review (now defunct), before Cat Crave, Cat Scratch Reader, and all the other Panthers-related media and podcasts... Carolina Huddle is unfortunately now a depressing hellscape and a shell of what it once was...

I don't see this place getting any better until we start winning and some of the old-timers (with something actually to say beyond trolling) return...

We’re 1-12 and in the midst of the worst stretch in franchise history and don’t even have a first round pick. What would you prefer that people talk about? Panthers.com has some good fluff articles if you are interested.

• Pie 3

21 hours ago, Seltzer said:

Yep I remember when Jeremy would do write ups during TC and podcasts during the regular season with players or people close to the team. Even some players/agents would visit and post occasionally. Good times. At least we got the memories

21 hours ago, Seltzer said:

MOST of the players we have don't deserve the vitriol but any chance I have to rag on Homer Simpson just makes me feel better and all warm inside....its therapeutic in a way.

• Pie 1

On 12/13/2023 at 9:38 PM, Selltheteamtepper said:

Everything about Young we were sold turned out to be fake. He’s not 200 pounds, as evident by the many reports of him faking weight for the weigh in. He’s not 5’10, I've stood next to him, he’s about 5’8 with a bunch of hair. He wouldn’t allow himself to be pictured with the other QBs during the process. He’s not some elite processor of information, he had been practicing the S2 for years. He’s horrible at pressers, go watch a Will Levis or Brock Purdy presser. He’s not some phenomenal charismatic leader, and he definitely wasn’t NFL ready. Fire the entire scouting department.

There’s a teenage kid on X named “Matt” he was obsessed with Bryce, posted about Bryce 100 times a day after the draft. Many undersized kids looked up to Bryce, or the image that his parents made of him, and said to themselves if he can do it in the NFL I can do anything. Matt posted he is contemplating suicide. These kids hopes are crushed bc of Tepper’s decision.

Bryce’s parents had to know he wasn’t NFL ready, he wasnt the things the media was making him out to be. As I’m listening to Bryce speak at these pressers it is becoming clear he’s just a shy scared kid stuck in this situation, this is all his parents and his agency. His parents and the agency made millions for themselves. Im starting to feel really bad for him. 

IMG_0544.jpeg

In fairness, I dont care about his weight so much, muscle can be put on.  I mean, look at the pictures of Tom Brady at the combine, he was 211 at 6'5. Muscle and weight can be put on.  From what we've seen this season his size is not the concern.  What is a concern is all of the other things.

53 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

In fairness, I dont care about his weight so much, muscle can be put on.  I mean, look at the pictures of Tom Brady at the combine, he was 211 at 6'5. Muscle and weight can be put on.  From what we've seen this season his size is not the concern.  What is a concern is all of the other things.

Agreed, the ONLY concern was trading away this guy from Bryce.

Once we draft this guy with our super high 2nd round pick this upcoming draft, all will be fixed for Bryce to be a winner like Tua. Trust me on this!!!

Its all about the breakaway speed!!!