• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New team president

catnip

9 hours ago, PanthersGTI said:

I  am down with Olsen as HC, but I can't see Cam as President. Some other role where he is allowed to bring some attitude and culture to the team would be great though. Like just have him around the team year round and let his influence spread through the building. Cam put in the time and refused to lose, it wasn't in his mindset. We need that. 

Olsen for team president.  Dave may actually listen to Greg. Greg also has many connections across the league and is well respected among his peers. I could get behind that.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Thanks for all the input .  I don't post often but Cam just has a certain flair about him .  Love him or hate him I got the feeling most would be fine with him in some role as a Panther . Maybe not team president but something else ,  We need something to give us some hope .   Cam with always be a Panther and what better way than to bring him back as a spokesman and represent what we are as a team .   Thanks for posting ! Keep pounding

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

The nostalgia to have former players like Newton and Olsen come back and save us is fun and all, but...no.

There are a million things that a team president does that have nothing to do with football. That's why it's the kind of thing you ideally work your way up to.

Either of them is infinitely more qualified than Nicole is for her position, so fug it. 

13 hours ago, mc52beast said:

I don’t understand why people can’t just let go of Cam. He was awesome on the field, would be absolutely clueless in a front office position.

And you know this how? Y'all need to calm down. Cam is a successful business man. I'm not saying that he would be successful, but he isn't, and wouldn't be, "clueless" by any stretch of the imagination. 

On 12/15/2023 at 11:37 AM, Selltheteamtepper said:

Aren’t we stuck with Jonathan Mingo, a WR with a 3rd round grade we took at the top of the 2nd, for 4 years bc the FO listened to former players on who they preferred? Steve Smith took credit for that selection IIRC

Where did you hear that Steve Smith was either directly or indirectly responsible for the Mingo pick? I know that he liked the pick, and that he gave Mingo his stamp of approval on his podcast, but I've not heard that anyone actually solicited his advice before directly making the pick. 

Moreover, the fact is that the story of Mingo has only just begun. Why you guys would give up on Mingo so soon is a product of simply wanting to be overly negative because of the geneal mismanagement of the offense. 

Edited by top dawg