• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Ben Johnson wants $15 million per year

TheSpecialJuan

8 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

He’s literally approaching Musk/Bezos space so I say spend it on our front office and coaching staff, let’s go…

Don't go overboard. The Broncos owners are like twice as rich as Tepper and they're no where close to Musk/Bezos. I mean Musk lost 200 billion this year and it didn't know him off his perch as the richest asshole in the world.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, front office and staff is where spending big can make a real difference since there's no salary cap there. Go out and hire the best people available and GTFO of their way and let them do their jobs.

It’s literally the only advantage he has.  

You can’t overpay for players, but you can overpay for experts.  Get some f’ing experts and PAY them.

2 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Don't go overboard. The Broncos owners are like twice as rich as Tepper and they're no where close to Musk/Bezos. I mean Musk lost 200 billion this year and it didn't know him off his perch as the richest asshole in the world.

The Broncos owners (multiple) are Walmart heirs and Musk no way lost $200B, he’s not even worth that.  

Just saying, 90th richest person in the world is insane rich.  Like Michael Jordan isn’t in the Top-1000.

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

The Broncos owners (multiple) are Walmart heirs and Musk no way lost $200B, he’s not even worth that.  

Just saying, 90th richest person in the world is insane rich.  Like Michael Jordan isn’t in the Top-1000.

From Bloomberg

Elon Musk Becomes First Person Ever to Lose $200 Billion

There's a lot of other articles out there saying the same thing

9 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Okay correction, you’re correct, I looked it up.  Tepper is the 3rd richest owner in American Pro sports.

Ballmer - Clippers (~ $110B)

Walton - Broncos (~ $57B)

Tepper - Panthers (~ $21B)

Gilbert - Cavaliers (~ $18B)

Jerry Jones is a distant (~ $13B)

Cuban is ~ $6B

I just want a quarter of one.

• Beer 1

On 12/21/2023 at 2:16 PM, PootieNunu said:

Pocket change for Tepper

True, but it's all about perceived value. The kid should just be happy to get an NFL head coaching gig in my opinion. What has he really proven? 

Now from his perspective, I can see trying to get everything you can get, but from a thoughtful owner's perspective I'm simply not going to pay that kind of money until I see some concrete results over time.

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

True, but it's all about perceived value. The kid should just be happy to get an NFL head coaching gig in my opinion. What has he really proven? 

Now from his perspective, I can see trying to get everything you can get, but from a thoughtful owner's perspective I'm simply not going to pay that kind of money until I see some concrete results over time.

Any coach that has other options will definitely have to be over paid to deal with Teppers poo until he changes his reputation. 

Johnson is putting this out there to let Tepper know that is the least he is going to take from him to deal with this clown show as his first head coaching job. 

2 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

Any coach that has other options will definitely have to be over paid to deal with Teppers poo until he changes his reputation. 

Johnson is putting this out there to let Tepper know that is the least he is going to take from him to deal with this clown show as his first head coaching job. 

That's the funny thing, most if not all franchises aren't willing to touch 15M for a first time HC.  Yet he could get close to that if he pretty much begs anyone else to get close to that number to do a deal lol. That or he gets his 15+ in CAR but has a really well written contract that guarantees him x amount of years job security.  I don't think we're in endless rebuild territory but give a good coach the first 2 years to see ACTUAL progress and then years 3-4 to build upon or continue that progress.  This football stuff is much easier than we've been making it for the past 4 years.