• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: Panthers might hang on to Ejiro Evero

TheSpecialJuan

1 minute ago, CRA said:

this is all bad news IMO. 

good luck attracting a quality HC....when the owner is going to dictate his staff.  Again.   

Agreed. I don't care how good the coordinator is, you have to let the new coach pick their own staff. I don't remember a owner picking the assistant coaches for the head coach before. He tried it last year telling Reich he had to keep Campen and Tabor and you see how that turned out.

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, Castavar said:

Agreed. I don't care how good the coordinator is, you have to let the new coach pick their own staff. I don't remember a owner picking the assistant coaches for the head coach before. He tried it last year telling Reich he had to keep Campen and Tabor and you see how that turned out.

I don't think that was all of it either.  I think a lot of how things were going to be for Frank was mapped out by Tepper/Fitt.   

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Castavar said:

Wilks in Arizona is one. They hired most of the staff and had to hire a 1 year DC to fill the HC spot. I can't remember all of the details but it was a mess. He got Rosen for a QB and was 1 and done for it. The fact Wilks took that job really lowered my opinion of him because it was such a bad move for him. Even with the money, fug that mess. He is just getting back to DC level this year after taking that job in 2018. Yikes

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

I don't think that was all of it either.  I think a lot of how things were going to be for Frank was mapped out by Tepper/Fitt.   

That's why I think we will never get a coach worth a damn here. It will always be yes men like Rhule or Reich. No quality coach worth a damn is going to let an owner pick his staff for him.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1