• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper being “incredibly accountable” behind the scenes

Martin

This from Dianna Rossini of the Atlethic is potential great news:

“In Carolina, owner David Tepper has taken hit after hit around the league for meddling and creating a culture of fear, but a league source said Tepper has been self-reflective, blaming himself for almost all the mistakes made this season. The source said, “He’s incredibly accountable and ready to make it right. He’s rejuvenated.”

For a man worth billions of dollars who is paying two coaches who aren’t even working, that should be a positive sign to Panthers fans. A league source said Tepper has his eye on Detroit Lions offensive coordinator Ben Johnson, who was his first choice last hiring cycle. Johnson is a native of western North Carolina and a former UNC walk-on quarterback but turned down a chance to continue conversations about the Panthers job last year because he didn’t feel ready to take over as a head coach. Now, the source said, Johnson is ready and is expected to have options.”

• Pie 6

16 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Just a fluff peice 

Idk, I mean her and Joe Person just wrote a whole exposé on the Panthers not even 2 weeks ago so idk what she’d gain by writing a fluff piece on Tepper lol. 

But I get waiting to believe it when you see it because that’s how I feel too. All this stuff means nothing if he doesn’t truly clean house this offseason and start over. The next HC and GM hires are crucial. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 4

14 minutes ago, csx said:

All that matters is making a good hire and giving them what they need and having patience at this point.

There will be no miraculous turnarounds 

The biggest thing he can do to signal his accountability is to hire an outside agency to get us a new GM. Then let the GM hire the coach he chooses. Then let the coach hire the coaches he wants. 

That it. Just operate like a normal motherfuging NFL franchise.

Not a fuging George Steinbrenner run, Daniel Snyder fantasy football team.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 3

Validation that we were right about 60% of the decisions being Tepper’s. I’m sorry Fitterer co-signed this dumpster roster and made the free agent signings that haven’t worked out so he has to GO! Scott signed Von Bell and 2 defensive ends that haven’t made splash plays all year, while guys like Calais Campbell remain ageless, and will torment us for another year in 2024. Atlanta also signed the better safety from Cincinnati (Jesse Bates) while we use trickle down economics as our philosophy (Bell). 

How long has the Huddle pleaded for a ball hawking safety?  I mean, it makes sense to me. The league has moved to a passing league. Get someone that has a nose for the ball in the air!!

We were the only team to pay a running back when we had 2 backs that would have done the job admirably (Foreman & Chuba). Foreman would not have cost us 25 million to resign. 

Edited by Beast_3000

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The biggest thing he can do to signal his accountability is to hire an outside agency to get us a new GM. Then let the GM hire the coach he chooses. Then let the coach hire the coaches he wants. 

That it. Just operate like a normal motherfuging NFL franchise.

Not a fuging George Steinbrenner run, Daniel Snyder fantasy football team.

Sadly as much as that makes sense we know it’s unlikely.

• Beer 1