• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Unlikely to Pursue Harbaugh

kungfoodude

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Harbaugh has a proven track record. Ben Johnson has zero track record.

Not saying I wouldn't be happy to have him but those guys are opposite ends of the scale, IMO.

I agree, I was just listing who I wanted: Harbaugh at 1 and the rest are well below, except Tomlin, that would be awesome. 

• Beer 1

23 minutes ago, KeptPounding89 said:

I feel they dont want Harbaugh because of his desire to be HC and GM to an extent. They are worried about too much on the plate for one person and further adding the hindering of producing wins. I understand this thought process but Harbaugh knows how to build a team that is strong from the ground up and I would take that chance over another unknown or retread any day. We will see how things shake out but we need someone to develop Bryce through developing his support system around him on the field and ensuring the defense stays strong and focuses on stopping the run and PA since we have been abysmal in those departments almost a decade now.

We already have that situation. We have too much power in the hands of someone who is clueless about football.

We need to not tie the next football people to the Bryce Young mistake. Try to put the best team we can around him next year but next year needs to be an evaluation process and we need to sign a Jacoby Brissett or Gardner Minshew type of vet to compete with Bryce and be waiting in the wings if/when he starts looking like trash again. Unless the plan is to ride Young to a top pick on '25 if he flops again which I'm fully onboard with. You just can't rage fire another coach for Bryce Young sucking ass.

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We already have that situation. We have too much power in the hands of someone who is clueless about football.

We need to not tie the next football people to the Bryce Young mistake. Try to put the best team we can around him next year but next year needs to be an evaluation process and we need to sign a Jacoby Brissett or Gardner Minshew type of vet to compete with Bryce and be waiting in the wings if/when he starts looking like trash again. Unless the plan is to ride Young to a top pick on '25 if he flops again which I'm fully onboard with. You just can't rage fire another coach for Bryce Young sucking ass.

I mean we have one in Dalton. He is as good or better than those two. It's a matter of actually doing anything with it.

• Pie 3

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I’d prefer a late round WB to be drafted because if the team “looks like trash” we are aligned with a good pick the following year. Attempting to win games and ruin development of a player that’s not even gotten their feet wet is a ball ok for the franchise aligned with the premature firing of a coach and lack of consistent job security for the HC. I feel the offense was bad, that’s on Reich. The development of the QB matters more in year one than the performance of the offense or trying to force feed an offense that clearly has never produced without adequate talent. It’s easy to throw all the blame on Bryce. Baker Mayfield has proven that he’s been in multiple bad situations for QB development, the Browns and us. The guy was picked that high for a reason and on the Rams, Bucs and the one season with the Browns he’s shown why. Is he a late developing franchise QB, probably not but is he better than 20 other starting NFL QB’s, 100 fixing percent. Coming to the conclusion Bryce is terrible now is something anyone reasonable tenured with how long it takes innovation or an outlier is thrown into a situation and analyzing it takes time to understand adaption. We haven’t seen what he could do with adequate support. Yet we have seen late round QBs and what they can do in a system that is built to run like a well oiled machine no matter the QB running it. He may not end up being the world beater Cam was and that’s ok but if we properly set him up for success ala Shanahan, McVay, Harbaugh, etc then we have a proper game manager in our hands we can replace the superstar play makers we lost and hopefully replicate better than the best we’ve seen out of this franchise. If not we try again. We are getting to a point with NIL that these kids can pull a Luck/Eli easier and why would we want to show so much instability that we get shafted again in the future banking on a QB to fall into our lap with a high pick again if we didn’t even give a well respected prospect a chance. This franchise is not capable of overcoming a set back from continual irrational choices the Reich firing needs to be the last one. 

21 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Diana Russini must be riding Dave Tepper's massive penis these days. How she getting all this inside info lately? Joe Person and Mike Kaye must be wondering what sexual favors they have to do to get info like this 

Oh Juan you are one of a kind 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

If he is available and willing to talk we should go for him. If he wants to stay where he is even after Daddy Tepp. shows him the money then I guess we have no choice but to seek help elsewhere. Maybe that Ben Johnson guy will be interested and turn out to be worth a poo, who knows. I still feel as if Daddy Tepp. should be bugging the piss out of Harbaugh to make sure no stone is unturned. If he has to he ought to show up in Michigan and drink some milk with him to see if they could have a meeting of the minds. And leave Nicole at home.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think the football people should be tied too closely to Bryce, either, but I do think it may be in the team's longterm interest to skip investing in a new QB this offseason, and riding with what we have, probably giving BY half a season or so while we develop the rest of the team. We already have Dalton on contract for next year anyway, so if BY flames out as it seems is likely, we've got a good vet to man the ship.  But Tepper needs to also know this is the plan and not clean house right away, because it'll take time.

The one thing I DON'T want them to do is to trade more assets for another QB... And I feel like most of the options that'll be realistically available to us in FA will not be very good...