• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF: Bryce Young 5th-best QB over last two weeks

TN05

31 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

The key to me is simple. He’s had time to actually get through progressions. 

He has some time, is getting comfortable, looks to have some chemistry with players outside of AT, and they are making good catches. Young was fired up on Sunday and his energy was contagious. I think Brown getting the running game going has helped the OL as well. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

The key to me is simple. He’s had time to actually get through progressions. 

It’s not just that. He seems way more confident even under pressure. He’s making plays with his feet and tough throws on the move. This is the sort of stuff he did at Alabama and has shown flashes of in the handful of good moments in the first half of the season.

The biggest thing for me? He’s not playing scared down. He’s confident as hell. It’s not easy to win from behind but he’s done it twice already and almost three times.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

It didn't hurt to be facing the leagues worst secondary. 

IDC, I will take it either way.

If nothing else maybe this will be a collective boost of confidence.

Even if it was, you’d expect a good QB to play well against a bad secondary, and he did. Fourth quarter was nearly flawless and that’s not normal against any secondary.

27 minutes ago, TN05 said:

Even if it was, you’d expect a good QB to play well against a bad secondary, and he did. Fourth quarter was nearly flawless and that’s not normal against any secondary.

We will see how it goes the next couple of games. I would like a repeat of this, obviously. Maybe some indication that things are headed in a positive direction.

1 hour ago, mav1234 said:

The Packers aren't actually THE worst secondary. They're one of about a dozen teams with a bad passing defense... I don't even know if they're the worst secondary we've faced yet..

They gave up almost 400 yds to baker just last week so they are Cleary in a slump atleast.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, mav1234 said:

The Packers aren't actually THE worst secondary. They're one of about a dozen teams with a bad passing defense... I don't even know if they're the worst secondary we've faced yet..

They're the 13 ranked pass defense. Only 3 300yd passing games against them. This was 1 of them

• Pie 2

17 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

They gave up almost 400 yds to baker just last week so they are Cleary in a slump atleast.

There he is, the #1 Bryce hater popping out of his cave to try and invalidate  an incredibly encouraging game. As everyone else is incredibly excited about what we saw and can hope for in the future, he clings onto his takes, desperately hoping for a Bryce pick 6 next week. 

I don’t know that’s it’s Bryce progressing, so much that it’s a more competent Offensive scheme that allows for open receivers and better protection. Which in turn allows Bryce to do what he’s be known to do. 

Edited by KBRed
  • Pie 2

7 minutes ago, KBRed said:

I don’t know that’s it’s Bryce progressing, so much that it’s a more competent Offensive scheme that allows for open receivers and better protection. Which in turn allows Bryce to do what he’s be known to do. 

TBH there are a lot of factors that could be at play. Improved offensive scheme, improved QB play, improved receiver play, lightspeed terrible opponent, etc, etc.

Almost impossible to tell with the one data point. Let's see how these next two games go and see if some trends emerge.

1 hour ago, csx said:

This is the type of pay I hoped to see by mid season. I knew he would have his  struggles. I've been frustrated by the pick but would love for this to be a real growth

I think we would have seen it if other parts of the team were as stable as we thought coming into the season.. coaching, offensive line, receivers 

• Beer 1