• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I think CAR covers the 6.5 this weekend

TheBigKat

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I think a weird downpour rain game and an almost tie vs a meh GB team has got some thinking things they probably shouldn't about this team. 

Jags D should make this team look like the 10 point offense we actually are. 

The hope is that some confidence builds, but road games are also a different animal. It very well could be a struggle. 

11 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

The hope is that some confidence builds, but road games are also a different animal. It very well could be a struggle. 

I just think our problems are still our problems.  Confidence isn't going to fix the fact our O really can't survive vs a tough D front.   

I mean, I think Chark/Bryce combo probably has a little more confidence.  Maybe he is willing to put it out there more for him.  But I think the last 2 weeks have made people forget how bad some of our issues really are. 

It's still football though.  Jags could implode offensively with a hurt QB and the whole 3 phases thing play out.   With our D making some big plays.  I just don't have confidence this team can beat anyone.   It's a still a very predictable and bad game we are playing on O. 

• Pie 1

Jags like to run off tackle. Panthers starting DEs, particularly Burns, are inconsistent setting the edge. That's gonna make for a long day. The way Jones just ran all over this defense, Etienne is gonna feast. And he's a better receiving back. Evero has his work cut out for him. He's really gonna have to mix things up - with personnel and alignment. He tried against Green Bay, but it didn't really work. Not sure what can be done. Maybe a spy that isn't a pure LB. Chinn maybe. I don't know. This one is gonna be tough. Panthers will probably have to score alot to stay in this one.

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I just think our problems are still our problems.  Confidence isn't going to fix the fact our O really can't survive vs a tough D front.   

I mean, I think Chark/Bryce combo probably has a little more confidence.  Maybe he is willing to put it out there more for him.  But I think the last 2 weeks have made people forget how bad some of our issues really are. 

It's still football though.  Jags could implode offensively with a hurt QB and the whole 3 phases thing play out.   With our D making some big plays.  I just don't have confidence this team can beat anyone.   It's a still a very predictable and bad game we are playing on O. 

There's been a lot of shuffling at the OG positions. That has made a huge difference in the way the offense can run. Judging by last week, they may have finally found a combination that makes protection at least NFL average. Thomas looks more willing to call plays downfield and BY looks more willing to take shots. That was the cause of a lot of the Panthers issues - at least offensively. 

3 hours ago, Navy_football said:

There's been a lot of shuffling at the OG positions. That has made a huge difference in the way the offense can run. Judging by last week, they may have finally found a combination that makes protection at least NFL average. Thomas looks more willing to call plays downfield and BY looks more willing to take shots. That was the cause of a lot of the Panthers issues - at least offensively. 

Jags are one the best in the NFL at 2 things.  Applying QB pressure and taking the ball away. 

Even when our offense is "working" like last week...it's pretty painful looking.  Which means it's going to be hard for them to replicate success. 

Maybe I'm wrong.  I just got no confidence they can hold up vs a problematic defensive front.  Lot of it is just the O itself.  Lot remains easy on a D IMO.  There still isn't a lot of stress.  Only game weren't essentially playing 20 yards was the Saints game and it went very bad. 

Depends on which Jaguars D and which Panthers OL shows up honestly.  They are a talented group but in the last few weeks they've looked average.  Run D is going to have to be an emphasis seeing as they will likely run the offense through ETN with the PA shot to Ridley when they get in a groove.  We'll have chances to take the ball away from the backup but we have to capitalize on said chances. TEs will probably get a lot of work also.  If we can have a similar game, not replicate the production flat out.. but play a complete game I like our chances at gutting another win out.  No matter what the circumstances were of our other wins, or good performances the confidence should carry over.  Another weaker pass defense, if we can protect we can move the ball.

7 hours ago, CRA said:

I think a weird downpour rain game and an almost tie vs a meh GB team has got some thinking things they probably shouldn't about this team. 

Jags D should make this team look like the 10 point offense we actually are. 

Their defense isn't good and is at their worst recently. What are you basing this off?

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, csx said:

Their defense isn't good and is at their worst recently. What are you basing this off?

I just look at how they matchup vs us.   A tough D for one team isn't as tough for another team.  Depends what you do and what they do. 

Jags can play the run.  They take the ball away (top 5) and can apply pressure to the QB.  That's not a good matchup for us. 

I think we had an edge last week because GB sucks vs the run.  They knew we were going to go there.  They overcompensated because of it. 

They are at there worst recently.....because they have played a bunch of winning teams.  You got to go back like 7 weeks to find a team with a losing record and they thrashed them. 

3 hours ago, csx said:

Yes! Jags passing defense is 29th and total defense is 25th. If Bryce can play like he did in the 4th quarter last week, we win! That's a lot of if's though! Let's go Panthers!