• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

At what point did you figure out Tepper is a piece of shitt

23 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I doubt I am the only one of this opinion. I've been on the Huddle circa 2003 and these kinds of threads weren't really the norm on our football forum. Furthermore, I don't think it's normal to call someone a POS for such a decidedly benign act, particularly when you don't know the full circumstances. Was it a jerk move? Sure. But throwing the term "piece of poo" around in reference to human beings is also pretty crappy, but it's indicative as to where our society is. Don't get me wrong, there are some actively terrible human beings who in my opinion should probably get that title, but Tepper isn't one of them. 

Did you sniff your own fart after this poo pile of a post? David Tepper is unquestionably a huge POS. And in my opinion, anyone defending him is a huge POS. Put that in your “normal” pipe and smoke it. 

• Pie 1

I’m not a billionaire and don’t need a pair of brass fake balls to make me feel better about having a catdick but how exactly is giving your ex boss who you don’t like $40 million to bulldoze his house a flex? 

man I hate this guy so much I’m gonna buy one of his houses for 40 million and bulldoze it 

seems petty, irresponsible, and dumb 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

I doubt I am the only one of this opinion. I've been on the Huddle circa 2003 and these kinds of threads weren't really the norm on our football forum. Furthermore, I don't think it's normal to call someone a POS for such a decidedly benign act, particularly when you don't know the full circumstances. Was it a jerk move? Sure. But throwing the term "piece of poo" around in reference to human beings is also pretty crappy, but it's indicative as to where our society is. Don't get me wrong, there are some actively terrible human beings who in my opinion should probably get that title, but Tepper isn't one of them. 

From a general perspective I would get what you are saying if we were talking about a normal everyday individual.

As far as it pertains to David Tepper. Bare in mind you are asking for decorum on behalf of a middle aged billionaire who in a press conference following yet another disastrous decision on his part purposely mispronounced the last name of the head coach he just fired. That same man once purchased the home of a former business rival just to tear it down and rub his nose in it. That same man basically has a trail of bad decisions and business deals across the region here. Now he is behaving like a drunken ogre at Panthers games.

His reputation in the Carolinas has been cemented by himself. That's really all there is to it.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Sir Big Spurr said:

Did you sniff your own fart after this poo pile of a post? David Tepper is unquestionably a huge POS. And in my opinion, anyone defending him is a huge POS. Put that in your “normal” pipe and smoke it. 

I rest my case.

Edited by top dawg

14 minutes ago, frankw said:

From a general perspective I would get what you are saying if we were talking about a normal everyday individual.

As far as it pertains to David Tepper. Bare in mind you are asking for decorum on behalf of a middle aged billionaire who in a press conference following yet another disastrous decision on his part purposely mispronounced the last name of the head coach he just fired. That same man once purchased the home of a former business rival just to tear it down and rub his nose in it. That same man basically has a trail of bad decisions and business deals across the region here. Now he is behaving like a drunken ogre at Panthers games.

His reputation in the Carolinas has been cemented by himself. That's really all there is to it.

The Carolinas aren't actually full of classy people, far from it. So there's that.

As to tearing down the house of a certified asshole that cheated people out of millions, among other bad behaviors, I could care less.

16 hours ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

James Goodnight was the best person in the running, and he was a huge longshot.  He's worth about a third of what Tepper is.

He's an NC native who graduated from NC State.  SAS Institute is still headquartered in Cary and is routinely ranked one of the top companies on the planet to work for.

I think Ben Navarro would've been good. Really passionate about sports (daughter is a pro tennis player) and the Carolinas (tried to get a huge tennis complex and big tournament moved to Charlotte) and seems likely to have has the humility to realize that he's not a football expert so he would be more likely to rely on truly knowledgeable football experts to help him hire front office and coaching staffs unlike Tepper who makes the decision himself thinking he's a genius and can apply his wall street knowledge to football. I partly blame JR for letting the NFL basically take control of the sale and choose who it got sold to. An owner who cared about the Panthers wouldn't have chosen to sell to Tepper.

• Pie 2

19 minutes ago, top dawg said:

The Carolinas aren't actually full of classy people, far from it. So there's that.

As to tearing down the house of a certified asshole that cheated people out of millions, among other bad behaviors, I could care less.

You're caping at this point. Just as you were last year. And the year before. That's your prerogative.

Also to be clear he's made it well known he regards fans critical of him as beneath him entirely and people that live in basements.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 2

9 hours ago, top dawg said:

We were never going to lose draft picks over this incident. Tepper was never going to be forced to sell the team over this incident. Some disgruntled Panthers fans are losing touch. 

I really don’t agree. If the climate were different then they absolutely could’ve used us to make a statement. We aren’t the cowboys or giants. They weren’t going to suspend him or force him to sell, no, which is exactly why draft picks were something that were on the table. If this happens again I doubt money is going to be all they come for. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

The reality is none of us really know. The drink thing wasn't a good look. There have been some other reports/hearsay about how he treats his employees that don't shed the brightest light on him. Whether you believe those or not is up to you but it really doesn't matter because none of us know the man. I tend to not judge people I haven't actually known personally unless people I really trust have strong opinions about them.

But all that being said, that just speaks to David Tepper the man. David Tepper the owner can absolutely be judged, as the truly embarrassing results speak for themselves. He is a terrible owner and has run this franchise into the ground, that's not really debatable. Could he possibly turn it around? Sure we've seen crazier things in this world. But odds seem pretty low and he doesn't seem willing to truly look in the mirror and change his behavior. My biggest concern has been him bringing his hedge fund mindset to the NFL. In his hedge funds things that looked like terrible decisions could be waited out and look genius when given time. That doesn't really apply to what look like terrible decisions in the NFL. Especially combined with his ego and lack of patience and ability to actually trust football people.

As much as people love to hate on Rhule here, he was screwed from the start. He came in with a plan to rebuild the team completely from scratch which he said would take 5 years. He was given less than 2.5 years. Tepper fired him due to "lack of progression/improvement" but that was very short sighted as I think the team and roster did progress and improve under Rhule, it just wasn't readily visible. Wilks taking over made it more visible for a brief spell and it would've made sense to stick with him and keep building on that momentum. Instead Tepper decides to blow it all up and undo that progress by trading everything for a QB and overhauling the coaching staff while having his hands all over it. There was so much dysfunction with Reich's staff that it's pretty obvious Tepper was driving almost all the assistant hires, which is just absurd. And as bad as this year has been to throw in the towel on Reich before 1 season is even up is also absurd. Dude just has no fuging clue what he's doing

1 hour ago, Growl said:

I really don’t agree. If the climate were different then they absolutely could’ve used us to make a statement. We aren’t the cowboys or giants. They weren’t going to suspend him or force him to sell, no, which is exactly why draft picks were something that were on the table. If this happens again I doubt money is going to be all they come for. 

I think thats a pretty safe bet.  If Tepper becomes a repeat offender for stuff like this expect the punishment to go beyond a fine.  Pretty sure thats in the conduct policy somewhere.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, frankw said:

You're caping at this point. Just as you were last year. And the year before. That's your prerogative.

Also to be clear he's made it well known he regards fans critical of him as beneath him entirely and people that live in basements.

Caping? I've called Tepper on his poo, but I'm not about to call him a POS, or anyone else, just because they had business dealings gone wrong, purposefully mispronounced a man's name or threw a drink on someone who was likely taunting. That's the problem with most dumbasses in this country, they seemingly don't know how to discriminate between bad reactions on a personal level and bad intentions on a greater social, cultural or societal level. The two aren't the same. I don't care how you try to manipulate your penchant for strawman fallacies, I'm not going to refer to Tepper as a POS, and frankly I think that it's borderline sociopathic to call a person a POS over a business dealing gone wrong, a decidedly mild response to likely being taunted or even lesser reactions. We have enough instances of real bad deeds, intentions, and results of inhumane behavior in this world to discern the true nature of true evil. 

And furthermore, there is literally nothing you can say to make me believe that this thread is appropriate for this forum.

Edited by top dawg

The approval of David Tepper to become an owner of a Carolina-based franchise has to be one of the biggest misreadings of the room in the history of the NFL. 

He did not fit the culture here, he didn't want to fit the team's culture and he sure as hell didn't know what he was doing. 

I've disliked him since Rivera's last season and departure. Not for firing the man, because that writing was already on the wall, but for both how it was done and what was to follow. 

He has proven himself to be a bullshit artist since arriving here. And like all bullshit artists, they can't really tell other bullshit artists from those who are actually skilled, hence the bad hires in the front office and coaching. 

He's a well-financed poser.

• Pie 1