• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jackson Powers-Johnson (C Oregon)

Martin

• 2 weeks later...

Most ideal situation is a slight trade down where we could get a A+ guard prospect and a good WR. 

Powers Johnson, Van Prann at OG and Troy Franklin at WR are my top targets this early in the process. Franklin IMO is worth taking outright, if hes not there id trade down a little, pick up one  of the OGs, and get one of the Wrs from Texas, Legette, dude  from UNC, the Michigan WR is there.

This class is super deep at WR well get at least one decent one. To be real they could even double dip at WR in R2 and R3 if they make a splash OL signing in free agency.  Can get a guard  later for depth. 

• Pie 2

A lot of the better teams are always looking to develop and draft pieces to their oline. Just look at the teams vying for the Superbowl. 

Lions - Oline proficient at pass and run protect. Reiff and Ragnow are recent draft picks.

Ravens - best run blocking oline in the biz. Scheme, playcalling and a mutant at QB helps but...

49ers - ya see a theme. 

Chiefs-  they keep Mahommes fairly clean. 

Teams that compete add Olinemen early and often. The reason we all got excited bout Ikem was because we rarely take Olinemen.  We historically ignore the position and plug in FA retreads.  So yeah Powers should be a target. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Zach Frazier enters the chat..... He's a nother big nasty center and tone setter.  4 year starter, started as a true freshman. 40+ total starts, 35+ at C, others at LG. Was the key to their extremely physical run centric game.  Powers and SVP get the headlines, but Frazier as the 3rd C off the board in possibly the 3rd robbery. 

There are 3 really top end centers this draft, get 1 dammit.

• Pie 6

Very good center draft this year, imo. Something to like about each of the top 3, and I think with 2 Guards returning from IR (And BC was not that good at LG), Bozeman having a year where he got beat a lot (could be the reserve Guards on each side, but I saw him get blown up by NTs)  the middle needs attention.  I am for it.  At 65, Powers Johnson will be gone--if we had a first rounder, he would be a great second round selection.   I would take either Frazier and Van Pran and be as giddy as a little school girl.

image.png.7ff4ccd327ad8a0bf002786cf89ab5d8.png

• Pie 1

On 1/27/2024 at 8:00 PM, chbright said:

Zach Frazier enters the chat..... He's a nother big nasty center and tone setter.  4 year starter, started as a true freshman. 40+ total starts, 35+ at C, others at LG. Was the key to their extremely physical run centric game.  Powers and SVP get the headlines, but Frazier as the 3rd C off the board in possibly the 3rd robbery. 

There are 3 really top end centers this draft, get 1 dammit.

I would be ectastic if he is there at our third round pick but I think he goes in the second dude is a warrior 

2 hours ago, SOJA said:

I would be ectastic if he is there at our third round pick but I think he goes in the second dude is a warrior 

Yeah SVP may as well. Really the top 3 are top 100 draftable players, even factoring in position value. After those 3, imo it's a nose dive to blah.

There is maybe 2 others that interest me: dude from Wisconsin, Bortolini, then the dude from Louisville, Bryan Hudson. Saw Hudson as a freshman play pretty damn well at VT. He was a standout for the beastly rushing attack for 195ypg this year. He's not the best pass blocker, but a mean SOB in the run game. He's projected as a UDFA, and I think that's a little much. Bortolini is a big dude and the better athlete. Another one that's better in the run game currently. He likely has better projection based on size, length, athletic traits. He's maaaybe 4th but likely later rounds for us.

• Pie 1