• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Every bit of draft capital and FA money

13 minutes ago, Frank9999 said:

Needs to be invested into retooling the offensive line. It needs to be one of the best in the league. Forget WR. Forget everything else. 

Think you got to do both.  Every OL eventually gets beat if you can't make plays in the pass game.  DLs are just too talented.   Everyone's time is limited.  You got to have WRs that get open.  You got to have a QB that can make the throws and play well in the pocket. 

It's hard to gauge how bad the OL is right now overall.   We got a bad scheme.  Weak WRs.  A rookie QB with a variety of pocket issues that is struggling to make all the throws. 

• Pie 8

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

Our OL isn't even the worst in the league. Our overall receiving group (that is, including TEs) might be. Doesn't matter how much time you give a QB if he can't find someone to throw to.

you could take our entire OL and give it to the 49ers.....and their O is going to work.  It might not be ideal but their O is going to still give people problems.  They have a good scheme.  They have a smart coach.  They got talent that makes plays for their QB.   Defenses have to cover every inch of the field. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

It doesnt matter how good your OL is, he is never going to get Alabama pocket time. 

The difference between pocket time for the top OL and the bottom OL is usually less than a full second. 

Bryce has to work on his footwork and pocket awareness. He cant foolishly run into sacks. The WRs have to run the correct routes and be in the right spots. Bryce has to get the ball out on time and in rhythm. 

Its not all on his OL. 

Until Bryce shows that he can do anything with his arm teams are going to pin their ears back and sack him into oblivion, they dont fear him passing or running the ball at all. 

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Pie 4

The resources would be more wisely spent on a QB who handles pressure better. There aren’t better tackles than Ikey and Moton even available where we’re drafting or on the market. We only have about $40 million to spend, and teams don’t let good tackles walk. If Bryce needs the Ravens line to be serviceable then he’s not it. There’s only like 5 good lines in the league and they take years to construct. 

Edited by Selltheteamtepper

A balanced build is key. 

Every major blunder-move has had one common theme: the powers that be are too reactive, not responsive, and don’t take what comes.

Funny thing is coming into the season, people were thinking this was the best line we have had since Gross and Kalil were out there. Now we’re back to saying it’s the worst ever. Which is a funny thing…

Outside of maybe 5 teams, “the OL is the worst ever” is the common refrain by most fanbases.

Just stay level-headed and keep building it all with a distinct vision in mind.

1 hour ago, Frank9999 said:

Needs to be invested into retooling the offensive line. It needs to be one of the best in the league. Forget WR. Forget everything else. 

Actually a good portion of our issues this year started when Christensen went out. Christensen can play LT when he returns. However, we definitely need depth, and I’m not sure what to do with Ekwonu move him to LG?

Edited by philit99

I still think we need to make a run a Jonah Williams. He wants to play LT and the Bengals have a lot of money tied up. Slide Icky to LG and draft the UGA center. Let BC and Corbett handle RG and of course Moton at RT. 
IMG_3691.thumb.jpeg.ebc86d504e9bb1c539d8c5d887debfae.jpeg

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, Selltheteamtepper said:

The resources would be more wisely spent on a QB who handles pressure better. There aren’t better tackles than Ikey and Moton even available where we’re drafting or on the market. We only have about $40 million to spend, and teams don’t let good tackles walk. If Bryce needs the Ravens line to be serviceable then he’s not it. There’s only like 5 good lines in the league and they take years to construct. 

Y’all got to stop being on here acting like they’re gonna spend cap space on another QB and give up on their guy after 1 year lol. Look, I get it he hasn’t lit the world on fire year 1 but it’d be foolish to spend money on another QB just to feign the idea of “competition” when resources can be allocated to fix the millions of holes on this roster. I think the tackles will be fine but they HAVE to fix the interior. It’s crucial with a smaller QB. 

They should go out and get a good G/C in Free Agency and try to get a Calvin Ridley, Hollywood Brown, Michael Pittman tier WR if Higgins gets tagged. Then double down on those positions in the draft. I’d like to see them look at Bryce Huff at Edge and another corner too. 

I also think scheme can help cover up some of our issues too. Houston was projected to have a terrible O-line coming into the season but Slowik’s scheme has covered for some of that. 

Edited by BlackPanther22
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, Selltheteamtepper said:

No QB handles 50 plus sacks a season well.  Not sure why everyone is in such a hurry to give up on the talented kid, when it's painfully obvious we had line problems, along with a lack of commitment to the run game. 

But whatever, the masses at the huddle are always in tune with everything. 🙄

10 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

No QB handles 50 plus sacks a season well.  Not sure why everyone is in such a hurry to give up on the talented kid, when it's painfully obvious we had line problems, along with a lack of commitment to the run game. 

But whatever, the masses at the huddle are always in tune with everything. 🙄

I mean, I have been a big pusher of all the other issues in Carolina.  Bad scheme.  Bad OL.  Bad WRs.  And it all being a bad marriage that doesn't fit what you would want to do with a QB like Bryce. 

all that said, Bryce Young has his owns issues and some of those aren't ones you expect in a #1 overall QB.   

We experience coverage sacks/throw always, and actual sacks at too high of a rate. This points to the receivers, o-line, and QB not being good enough. Young is given a pass because he's a rookie throwing to losers like DJ Chark, and he has an o-line that features a LT who is incompetent, and second string guards. This makes it impossible to even properly evaluate Young, but I do think he looks terrible. That's not fair though because I'm just a fan and I don't have all the information.

What do we do to start to fix the offense? Consider the last game where you saw Young holding his back in a lot of pain on the ground. Those types of hits are more likely to come from poor o-line play, so you try to fix the o-line first, and do what you can to improve the receiving corps with what you have left. That way you lessen the odds that Young, a player you gave up DJ, CMC, and the #1 overall pick for, doesn't become permanently damaged.

There is no quick and easy fix. We're looking at a multi-year rebuild with a lot riding on Young improving from year to year. He looks terrible now, but the jury is still out. 

Edited by pantherj