• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Applaloosa Management is still looking good

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

If I was a billionaire, I can promise you the world would be a better place. I certainly wouldn’t spend $80 million bulldozing a house in the hamptons. Think about how much student debt he could have paid off for people. Or cancer research.

Think about all the people the house project employed. The buzzdozers, the equipment manufacturers, the construction workers, the suppliers, etc. That 80 mill fed a lot of people.

Reminds me of that European country (forgot which one) that emplemented a huge yacht tax and then watched as all the 100 year old boat manufacturers go out of business.

Charity is great, but economic activity is better in the long run.

2 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I understand this line of thinking, but the more you look into anything you spend your money on in this world you can find 500 human rights violations on the way down.

I get there are different levels of separation to it and we should all try to be better, but there's blood on all our hands.

Which is why people say that there is no ethical consumption under capitalism.

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Oh, for sure. David Tepper is way smarter than me when it comes to financial matters and investments. 100%.

But I sleep real well at night. He probably does too but I couldn't if I was him.

It’s a slippery slope though. Where do you draw the line? Too much corruption in this world to not contribute to it in some way, shape, or form. I understand certain lines have to be drawn though. 

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

If I was a billionaire, I can promise you the world would be a better place. I certainly wouldn’t spend $80 million bulldozing a house in the hamptons. Think about how much student debt he could have paid off for people. Or cancer research.

I have more student loans than most on here and don’t expect anyone to pay them off for me. 

Guess we will never know what you’d actually do if you had the money but my bet is not much. You live like a king compared to third world countries but I don’t see you giving away tour possessions to go live in poverty with them. 

28 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

Tepper isn't going to invite you into his apocalypse bunker guys

The delicious irony is he won't be invited either. These wealthy morons think they'd be fine because they build bunkers and hire a bunch of private security but if the poo hits the fan guess who's actually going to be in the bunkers? The private security guys and their families. All your millions and billions basically just became worthless and they have guns so what are you gonna do about it?