• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Per Schefter: Tepper has hired a search firm to help find HC

59 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Leaky Faucet on here mentioned he hasn’t heard we don’t want Harbaugh and we are looking for a Belicheck/Harbaugh type coach. Not saying anyone is wrong, but does anyone know anything at this point? What if the team Tepper hired wants Harbaugh? 

Well, Leaky was spot on last offseason, so maybe there is hope. 

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Will Dan Morgan stand up to Tepper? That’s all I give a poo about from our GM until we get a real team president. 

Anyone that signed off on the Bryce Young trade and pick needs to be fired - and this comes from a Miami Hurricanes fan. 

• Flames 1

7 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Anyone that signed off on the Bryce Young trade and pick needs to be fired - and this comes from a Miami Hurricanes fan. 

Would be rather difficult to figure that part out from the outside 

47 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

Well, Leaky was spot on last offseason, so maybe there is hope. 

I hope I didn’t speak out of place on that post but he did say that report on us not wanting Harbaugh was non sense. He also said with the Belicheck/Harbaugh type, maybe they pursue a GM that fits that mold and then pair him with a first year HC. I’m not saying Johnson won’t be a good coach, but he’s not what we need imo.

• Pie 2

Credit where it's due. This is exactly what many of us were asking for. It's exactly the right call. Anyone taking the opportunity to bitch in this thread is just looking for another opportunity to be a whiny baby poopy pants.

I get it, you're mad at Tepper. But we're not getting rid of the owner of the team, so be happy that at least he's taking a step to not unilaterally make the decisions that have hurt the franchise so far in his tenure. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Man, I forgot how big of a mess the Texans were a few years ago.

If you want a sliver of hope, go back and read some articles about former Texans interim GM and then Executive Vice President Jack Easterby.

Remember, the Texans at one point had D-Hop and Deshaun and were a mess on the field, in the news, and in the front office.  

Sound familiar?

They got rid of Easterby and brought in current GM Nick Caserio in 2021 and now look at them.

Caserio has said he’s not returning to his former team the Patriots, FWIW.

So as big of a mess as the Panthers are right now, it can be done in short order.

• Pie 3

23 minutes ago, Manna said:

hope it's not just a PR stunt to make it seem like things are going to change. 

I don't think Tepper has done anything to make it look like there is change for sake of change. I believe he genuinly wants to improve the team and just doesn't know how. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

If you want a sliver of hope, go back and read some articles about former Texans interim GM and then Executive Vice President Jack Easterby.

Remember, the Texans at one point had D-Hop and Deshaun and were a mess on the field, in the news, and in the front office.  

Sound familiar?

They got rid of Easterby and brought in current GM Nick Caserio in 2021 and now look at them.

So as big of a mess as the Panthers are right now, it can be done in short order.

I remember everyone here not wanting Nick Caserio. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Sound familiar?

And they were trying run Caserio out of town less than 12 months ago.

53 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Credit where it's due. This is exactly what many of us were asking for. It's exactly the right call. Anyone taking the opportunity to bitch in this thread is just looking for another opportunity to be a whiny baby poopy pants.

I get it, you're mad at Tepper. But we're not getting rid of the owner of the team, so be happy that at least he's taking a step to not unilaterally make the decisions that have hurt the franchise so far in his tenure. 

Yep. Heres what I know- Tepper wants to win as bad as us fans, if not more.

Hes willing to spend, big time. He bought all other of stuff- bubble field, all sort of weight performance machines, made hot-shoe rhule a top 7 paid HC(most ever for a 1st timer), the 2023 coaching staff was highest in the NFL, etc etc. I even remember during coofus he bought a few giant robotic machines to go room-to-room killing everything. 

Yea hes a bad owner and has the worst W-L record, but hes trying to fix that. I keep telling myself, he must get lucky with a HC sooner or later. I mean the defense staff and special team staff are good-great.

I have no idea what Id do if he was some ultra cheapskate along with the losing and poor coaching/GM choices. I want to say Id still be a panther fan, but honestly I have a couple doubts.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1