• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ejiro Evero - Best Coach Since....

I think Evero needs a round of applause for the work he has done this season.

Panthers Defense has been OUTSTANDING this season IMO. Considering Shaq got hurt, offense never gave them any help, jaycee was in and out all year, etc, etc, etc. I think his job holding that unit together is admirable and we haven't heard much praise directed to him this year and he deserves it.

I also don't think it's a coincidence that Derrick Brown’s performance EXPLODED this year, and he ended up having a historic season.The defense was just the one thing I felt super confident about most of the year, did not start off that way but ended up with a lot of trust in them as a unit. 

There were some bad of course, but I just think overall he has done exceptional. IMO, if anyone is deserving of the HC job it's him.

• Pie 7

22 minutes ago, CRA said:

He is the best coach we have but…

we are still 30th in points allowed and 32nd in  takeaways. 

our overall yardage allowed is a little distorted IMO

You are right.

Just to play devils advocate, I would say its hard to be overly aggressive on defense to force turnovers when you know you cannot afford to give up big plays due to an inept offense.

But for sure the defense is not perfect.

24 minutes ago, CRA said:

He is the best coach we have but…

we are still 30th in points allowed and 32nd in  takeaways. 

our overall yardage allowed is a little distorted IMO

Yeah, this historically bad offense put this defense in many miserable situations leading to points. 

What could have been this year with even a below average offense? Hurts me to think about. 

Edited by falconlynx

Unfortunately, no.  Our defense has not been good this year.

image.png.d3ad655f1a4280c301ebab2cce8ed5be.png

Only two teams have given up more points per game than we have.  This is our first year in the 3-4, so it should be expected, but don't get it twisted.  We have not been good.

Sorry, except for Derrick Brown, im not applauding anyone attached to this poo franchise.

I want them all gone.

Hell, I wouldn't feel worse if the franchise just dissolved or moved.

Such an embarrassment to the Carolinas.

1 hour ago, BrianS said:

Unfortunately, no.  Our defense has not been good this year.

image.png.d3ad655f1a4280c301ebab2cce8ed5be.png

Only two teams have given up more points per game than we have.  This is our first year in the 3-4, so it should be expected, but don't get it twisted.  We have not been good.

You do realize that I would say easily 30% of the points we allowed this year were either pick/fumble 6s from Bryce or terrible turnovers by the offense that set the opposing teams offense up in the red zone. Then think about all of the three and outs our offense had that gave the ball to the other team at about midfield...

I think our defense was bad in 4, maybe 5 games, this year and was the only reason we won or were close in any other games...