• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera Fired

2 minutes ago, t96 said:

I think he'll land as a DC somewhere and be solid, albeit not amazing. Doubt he gets a HC job again

Yeah he’s done as a HC.  But hey…weirder and dumber stuff has happened in the NFL. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Ron should go take some time off.  Talk about a tough couple years he had on his plate. Come back as a D consultant or some variation of an assistant HC.

good dude.  Not a HC any longer and probably not a DC in today’s NFL.  

• Beer 1

I think he'll probably retire. He's just not a good coach. It's beyond obvious at this point that he was floated by guys like Cam and Luke and to a lesser extent McDermott. He's a defensive coach and Washington's D was beyond embarrassing this year. It's over for Ron.

• Pie 5

7 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Other rumored possible departures were Belechick, Vrabel and Carroll (retiring).  Another name that has popped up in recent days is Pederson whose Jags fell apart down the stretch (except against us).

Doug isn't being fired.   He took over one of the biggest poo shows in NFL history. 

The result - back to back winning seasons.  Playoffs in year one and his QB was a walking hurt crash test dummy that shouldn't of even been on the field at the end of year 2.  Doug's seat is cold.   If it's hot, Jags owner is just on par with Tepper and can't get obvious things right.  

• Pie 1

I really like Ron Rivera. I think he's a good man to build team spirit and instill a toughness to a team. I hope he takes some time off, enjoys his life and family. I really think his calling would be in a senior defensive advisor role on a team with a young head coach.

I wish him the best.

And it was great seeing John Fox out there on the sidelines in Detroit yesterday. Another good guy who had some good runs as HC and has moved on successfully to that advisory type position.

• Pie 4

Just now, CRA said:

Doug isn't being fired.   He took over one of the biggest poo shows in NFL history. 

The result - back to back winning seasons.  Playoffs in year one and his QB was a walking crash test dummy that shouldn't of even been on the field at the end of year 2.  Doug's seat is cold.   If it's hot, Jags owner is just on par with Tepper and can't get obvious things right.  

Again, just rumors amongst the talking heads.  Of that list, Belichick is the only one I expect to go.  Vrabel is probabaly 50-50 and Carrol isn't quite ready to retire yet, I wouldn't think.  Pederson is likely safe this year, but he can't afford to miss the playoffs again in '24, especially in a repeat fashion of this season.