• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Coach/GM Updates

37 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

So are you admitting Kaepernick was blackballed from the NFL?

Bwhahaha as if the league need to step into make that happen. Kaepernick can't play, folks need to get over that.

Edited by Jaxel
  • Flames 2

11 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

So that question triggered you huh?

I thought Kap was an ok QB, but if I remember correctly he was asking for the salary of a top starter, Burns style. But I might be wrong, it was a while ago.

18 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

So that question triggered you huh?

The absurdity in thinking that this is still some kind of triggering question is hilarious. Even when he was still in the league he lost his job in season to Blaine Gabbert, and we are supposed to think he could come back and win a Super Bowl after 10 years out the league? 

On the actual subject of the question though, I actually agree he was blackballed, but it's so in the past that it's irrelevant at this point.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

The absurdity in thinking that this is still some kind of triggering question is hilarious. Even when he was still in the league he lost his job in season to Blaine Gabbert, and we are supposed to think he could come back and win a Super Bowl after 10 years out the league? 

On the actual subject of the question though, I actually agree he was blackballed, but it's so in the past that it's irrelevant at this point.

So instead of simply saying yes he was blackballed you decided to go on a rant about nothing?

You could have made this a simple answer.

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

So instead of simply saying yes he was blackballed you decided to go on a rant about nothing?

You could have made this a simple answer.

To be honest this was a reply to the other dude and miss clicked the quote cause I read your reply first.

But apologies if the conversation triggered you.

Edited by Jaxel

Why do so many people conveniently ignore that Denver legitimately tried to sign Kaepernick to a 2 year/$14M deal prior to the 2016 season and he declined reportedly insulted by the offer? That contract would've made him the 23rd highest paid QB in the league at the time. Basically low level starter/high level backup money. Which, let's be honest, was basically Kaepernick's value. Once he didn't sign that deal, everyone else in the league saw that and weren't willing to offer more his career was effectively over.

Blackballing just isn't an accurate depiction of the story. He wasn't willing to sign for what teams were willing to pay. That's not blackballing.

• Pie 4

39 minutes ago, Martin said:

I thought Kap was an ok QB, but if I remember correctly he was asking for the salary of a top starter, Burns style. But I might be wrong, it was a while ago.

Harbaugh basically created a system to minimize his limitations.

He was never that good.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

https://x.com/jjones9/status/1748691104910680081?s=20

Looks like Tepper may have found his yes man. 

This would be incredibly disappointing and I don’t see the franchise being anything decent anytime soon.  Bryce’s career would be in serious jeopardy with this organization.

I keep thinking about finding a new team.  So hard to pull for this team with Tepper.

Hiring Morgan is a clear indication we aren’t going anywhere 

Edited by Shocker

Who is Ben Johnson bringing with him for coordinators? Slowik, I can see a bit more with him tapping into Jerrod Johnson, a rising OC candidate that has had success. 

BJ though, I'm curious about. He's potentially the most gifted offensive wunderkind, but as a staff, what are the thoughts here?

Morris is up there at #1 for me due to who he can bring as a staff (Zac Robinson) and his ties to Evero and Cooley already. Toss in the most recent folks banging the drum for how connected he is and players wanting to play for him, makes me think he checks more boxes for us overall than BJ or Slowik.

His prior experience, while only being 47 is also a plus. The security he brings I think sits better with me given our past two HC hires and how broken our franchise currently is. 

Wouldn't be mad with BJ or Slowik, but I'm casting my vote for Raheem Morris. I get Carroll/Tomlin vibes from him. 

2 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

Who is Ben Johnson bringing with him for coordinators? Slowik, I can see a bit more with him tapping into Jerrod Johnson, a rising OC candidate that has had success. 

BJ though, I'm curious about. He's potentially the most gifted offensive wunderkind, but as a staff, what are the thoughts here?

Morris is up there at #1 for me due to who he can bring as a staff (Zac Robinson) and his ties to Evero and Cooley already. Toss in the most recent folks banging the drum for how connected he is and players wanting to play for him, makes me think he checks more boxes for us overall than BJ or Slowik.

His prior experience, while only being 47 is also a plus. The security he brings I think sits better with me given our past two HC hires and how broken our franchise currently is. 

Wouldn't be mad with BJ or Slowik, but I'm casting my vote for Raheem Morris. I get Carroll/Tomlin vibes from him. 

Figure Mark Brunell as an OC candidate.

I did some research on what a Johnson staff might look like last year. I'd have to dig it up.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Shocker said:

This would be incredibly disappointing and I don’t see the franchise being anything decent anytime soon.  Bryce’s career would be in serious jeopardy with this organization.

I keep thinking about finding a new team.  So hard to pull for this team with Tepper.

Hiring Morgan is a clear indication we aren’t going anywhere 

How crazy would it be if Morgan ended up the GM and Evero the HC? That would certainly lend a LOT of credence to the internal Hunger Games environment that has been rumored.

• Pie 1