• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers interview requests

Mr. Scot

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Why? He certainly knows his Xs and Os 🫥

(arguably better than Brian Johnson does, from what I've seen)

I’m curious about him essentially storming out from/taking his ball and going home from his last two jobs. Is he a difficult guy to work with?

9 minutes ago, Martin said:

I’m curious about him essentially storming out from/taking his ball and going home from his last two jobs. Is he a difficult guy to work with?

No history of being that way that I know of.

I thought his departure from the Ravens was generally amicable but I'd have to look back at it.

2 hours ago, Martin said:

The best thing Tepper can do is to tell any HC candidate that money is not an issue, he will supply any resources they might need for success, such as facilities, equipment, staff etc. I think those things resonate well.

kind of like what he promised Rhule, but Ben Johnson is actually credible and actually has NFL exp. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Deltek44 said:

I assume your making the point that because Tepper is rich he gets what he wants. What do you want him to do throw 25mil a year at him. Is that the coach we want?

The only advantage Tepper has is his deep pockets over the other owners with coaching vacancies. Money talks, and everyone has a price. I guess the question is how much Ben Johnson is willing to sell his soul for. I don't care either way, I'm just curious and asking. 

The Panthers announced that they interviewed Dolphins OC Frank Smith for their head coaching vacancy.
Smith was hired as the Dolphins’ offensive coordinator in 2022, enjoying fast success with Tyreek Hill, Tua Tagovailoa, and company. While head coach Mike McDaniel deserves credit for the Dolphins’ explosive tendencies on offense, Smith has been a part of the success that has led to big games. He has been a hot name during this coaching cycle and now completes an interview with the Panthers, who have thrown a wide blanket for their head coach search.
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

21 minutes ago, App Panther said:

I would stay very, very far away from anything Philly related right now. They may have actually been worse than us to close out the year. 

Nah this is why we play the entire season. They fell off at the end of the season. We never played well at any stretch of the season.

Embrace the suckery. We are the worst franchise in the league and it ain't even up for debate.

Eagles are a better situation and it ain't even close!

5 hours ago, Martin said:

The best thing Tepper can do is to tell any HC candidate that money is not an issue, he will supply any resources they might need for success, such as facilities, equipment, staff etc. I think those things resonate well.

That would be a lie. Tepper is cheap. We have some of the oldest facilities and most outdated equipment in the league.  

6 minutes ago, Selltheteamtepper said:

That would be a lie. Tepper is cheap. We have some of the oldest facilities and most outdated equipment in the league.  

I hope they play in that stadium another 50 years. No need to build another just to make it more boujee. Lambeau is still the poo and I sat on metal bleachers there and had the best experience watching a football game ever.

• Pie 2