• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers interview requests

Mr. Scot

17 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

What are you talking about? What NFL person for a team is gonna say “this team sucks lol”

yeah the amount of stock people put in generic press conference blather is hilarious 

• Pie 2

Morgan was reportedly in lockstep with Fitt about the team and all decisions. That doesn't speak well for him considering the state of the franchise.

It's also been reported that Tepper gutted the team of anyone that would speak against him. If that's true, it means Morgan is another yes man and not someone that would speak up as one of the posters(Nas? I think that is who it was anyway) here claimed his source said. Going by what we've seen of Tepper, I'd say the former stands a lot better chance of being true than the latter.

Morgan is also part of the prior regime. This team needs completely new leadership, not a failure falling up.

• Pie 8

3 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Morgan was reportedly in lockstep with Fitt about the team and all decisions. That doesn't speak well for him considering the state of the franchise.

It's also been reported that Tepper gutted the team of anyone that would speak against him. If that's true, it means Morgan is another yes man and not someone that would speak up as one of the posters(Nas? I think that is who it was anyway) here claimed his source said. Going by what we've seen of Tepper, I'd say the former stands a lot better chance of being true than the latter.

Morgan is also part of the prior regime. This team needs completely new leadership, not a failure falling up.

Where is this report that says twpper gutted the team of anyone that would speak against him, cause I haven't read anything credible about that. Mostly just angry poster making speculation.

10 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

Where is this report that says twpper gutted the team of anyone that would speak against him, cause I haven't read anything credible about that. Mostly just angry poster making speculation.

Here

As a former Panthers employee who worked for Tepper told me Sunday night: “Dave ran off all of the people who told him the truth.”

There was a thread about it when the article was published. Now, while you might say speaking against him is not the same as telling him the truth, they're basically the same thing in the context of surrounding himself with yes men instead of people that can do their jobs well.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

14 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

I've actually heard the opposite of Morgan.  I read he was the only one that would disagree with Tepper. We have to have GM that is going to get Tepper to listen to his staff.   Tepper has to realize that he is making owners like Jerry Jones and the former owner of the Commanders, Dan Snyder, look like geniuses. 

• Beer 1

Regarding Dan Morgan, we really have no idea how many decisions were on Fitterer or on Tepper. Tepper probably knows that. Dan might not have had final say on literally anything. Maybe he had some dissenting opinions that panned out and made Fitterer and/or Tepper look like idiots. Or he might just be another part of the awfulness that has spawned in the Panthers organization. We just don’t know enough to tell.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

21 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I've actually heard the opposite of Morgan.  I read he was the only one that would disagree with Tepper. We have to have GM that is going to get Tepper to listen to his staff.   Tepper has to realize that he is making owners like Jerry Jones and the former owner of the Commanders, Dan Snyder, look like geniuses. 

where did you read this?  Ive seen it posted time and time again but its just message board fodder.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

where did you read this?  Ive seen it posted time and time again but its just message board fodder.

3 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Fodder? Because you disagree with it?  Morgan doesn't seem to be a YES man.  I guess we'll see if he gets hired.  

The only time I've seen it said that Morgan was the only one to stand up to Tepper was here in a post by Nas, or at least I think it was him, that said his source claimed that. I've never seen anything by any of the local or national reporters claiming anyone that worked for the team would stand up to Tepper.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

The only time I've seen it said that Morgan was the only one to stand up to Tepper was here in a post by Nas, or at least I think it was him, that said his source claimed that. I've never seen anything by any of the local or national reporters claiming anyone that worked for the team would stand up to Tepper.

and on the flip side, what we do know is what morgan thought of the roster going into the season, the decisions that were made going into the season and the evaluation of Young vs stroud.  Couple all of that with the poo draft we just had (All we heard was how good of a college scout and player personnel he is) then hes got to go.  He may be the best thing since sliced bread but still fug that I wouldnt be willing to gamble on that given the season we just had all things considered.  If he is retained as GM then that tells us all we need to know about tepper.

Burn this poo completely down tepper you dumb fug.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

and on the flip side, what we do know is what morgan thought of the roster going into the season, the decisions that were made going into the season and the evaluation of Young vs stroud.  Couple all of that with the poo draft we just had (All we heard was how good of a college scout and player personnel he is) then hes got to go.  He may be the best thing since sliced bread but still fug that I wouldnt be willing to gamble on that given the season we just had all things considered.  If he is retained as GM then that tells us all we need to know about tepper.

Burn this poo completely down tepper you dumb fug.

Sometimes the answer isn't on the roster (or in the building).

It should be a clean slate - including every single scout. 

• Flames 1

56 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Here

There was a thread about it when the article was published. Now, while you might say speaking against him is not the same as telling him the truth, they're basically the same thing in the context of surrounding himself with yes men instead of people that can do their jobs well.

Thanks for the link!

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

Regarding Dan Morgan, we really have no idea how many decisions were on Fitterer or on Tepper. Tepper probably knows that. Dan might not have had final say on literally anything. Maybe he had some dissenting opinions that panned out and made Fitterer and/or Tepper look like idiots. Or he might just be another part of the awfulness that has spawned in the Panthers organization. We just don’t know enough to tell.

This is how I feel.

Do I want Dan Morgan?  Not particularly, just because it would be nice to know we have new voices.  But someone brought up a good point about Brandon Beane earlier.  A lot of people didn't want him when we were looking for a GM in 2013 for the same reasons (assumed he was more of the same as Hurney).  You just never know.  It would be a hire that doesn't excite me, but I'd give him a fair chance.  

After all, if you want to blame him for Fitt's decisions, then you have to give him credit for helping contribute to the turnaround in Buffalo (where he had a more specific role, whereas he's just the "Assistant GM" here... hard to tell what his primary focus was or if he was just there to learn things and follow in the footsteps).

Nevertheless nailing the HC hire matters more to me right now anyway.  

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 3